Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

TBM Nav Mode Not Working

I've lost the Nav mode in the TBM, anyone else having this problem. I've deleted all the TBM improvement mods and it still won't work. Any suggestions to fix this? Thanks guys! 

John Snyder Jr

Are you referring to NAV-coupled autopilot or a NAV based approach such as a VOR or Localizer?

I can state right now that all of the flights I've taken with the updated TBM/g3000 combo have functioned well in NAV mode (following the flight plan).  I have not shot a VOR approach yet, but I've had no issues with RNAV or ILS approaches.

Finally, are all Garmin mods removed, such as the original WT g3000 mod?

Randall Rocke

For instance, during an ILS approach the AP doesn't switch automatically from NAV to LOC,I have to do it manually. Maybe this happens to me only

2 hours ago, stesma54 said:

For instance, during an ILS approach the AP doesn't switch automatically from NAV to LOC,I have to do it manually. Maybe this happens to me only

I find that happens at third-party or enhanced sceneries.  I contacted an addon dev who stated that there's a known problem where default ILS values are 'lost' with addon airports, and that Asobo is aware of it.  So hopefully a fix in in the pipeline.  You can check that by looking up the airport in the WPT or NRST page and seeing if the ILS freqs are listed.  That's a problem in any aircraft GPS, not just the TBM.  However I've noticed no other problems with Nav mode in the TBM, whether using VLOC or GPS.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JabbleWok said:

I find that happens at third-party or enhanced sceneries.  I contacted an addon dev who stated that there's a known problem where default ILS values are 'lost' with addon airports, and that Asobo is aware of it.  So hopefully a fix in in the pipeline.  You can check that by looking up the airport in the WPT or NRST page and seeing if the ILS freqs are listed.  That's a problem in any aircraft GPS, not just the TBM.  However I've noticed no other problems with Nav mode in the TBM, whether using VLOC or GPS.

Thanks for the solution. It was an enhanced airport i was flying to. After switching manually to LOC everything was fine.

15 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

I've lost the Nav mode in the TBM, anyone else having this problem. I've deleted all the TBM improvement mods and it still won't work. Any suggestions to fix this? Thanks guys! 

what I find with it is this, if you are too far from the flight plan course (the pink line) then it won't turn and engage the course, you have to be reasonably close to it for it to work, not sure if that's realistic or not since my real TBM is in the shop for a flat tyre (and yes, that's how you spell tyre) 😶

Edited by CombatCustard