Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Ad issues

Hey Avsim folks,

Just thought you'd want to know that one of the full screen ads in the current rotation is one of those scam "you just won a bunch of money and all you have to do to collect is let us phish your identity" ones. Dunno if you can control the ads displayed but if you can, might want to check on that one.  I'm seeing it using mobile Chrome on Android.

51 minutes ago, eslader said:

Hey Avsim folks,

Just thought you'd want to know that one of the full screen ads in the current rotation is one of those scam "you just won a bunch of money and all you have to do to collect is let us phish your identity" ones. Dunno if you can control the ads displayed but if you can, might want to check on that one.  I'm seeing it using mobile Chrome on Android.

Yep, have the same thing on my iPhone. It comes up on Chrome and Safari. It only appears when I open Avsim on my phone. It's pushed as a Google customer reward program.

NAX669.png

Yes, seeing this every time I try and post. Makes it almost impossible to respond to posts at times.

?LuckyDay? Posing as google to phish for data....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

The answer: 

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: