Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

BeamNG "Johnson Valley"

Hello,  I was wondering if anyone here has BeamNG?    They released an updated called "Johnson Valley",   which is an actual place on the US west coast.

The rock crawlers and baja style racing look pretty cool to me.   Really thinking about dusting off my Fanatec wheel,  but it's kind of a pitb to switch from my flight sim to racing setup.   So tempted.

Most of the BeamNG videos I've seen in the past have just been crash physics.    Wondering if anyone's tried Johnson's Valley in BeamNG or in real life.    Love that terrain out west.

I love BeamNG. I have almost 1500 hours play time on it! Johnson Valley was defiantly a welcome edition to the game. I love taking stock road cars and pushing them to their breaking point over the rough terrain. The game has come so far since i first played it back in 2012. I can recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in cars. The amount of customization you can do with the vehicles is incredible. There's also addon planes available for it too. There's an awesome AN-12 available in the mods section on the official site and some jets too all with the same amazing damage physics as the cars. BeamNG has to be one of the greatest sandbox games ever, the possibilities are almost endless with it.

• Upvote 1

Ok,  this is pretty cool.   You can build engines and cars in Car Tycoon,  perfect them,  and then import them into Beam NG with the push of a button.

Absolutely! This is just one of the cool things you can do with Beam. Apparently, they are even using it to test movie stunts before using real vehicles! I was off roading yesterday and somehow bashed the bottom of my engine causing the oil pan to break. Before I knew it, my engine was totally seized with no oil! Beam is on another level with the realistic damage.