Sign in to follow this  
RobF2

MSFS Addons Linkers - starting websites

I was wondering about using Addon LInker to also fire up Simbrief and Chartfox.  Is it possible to do that by calling Chrome and some extra parameters for the URL perhaps?    Does anyone have it working?

You can certainly use it to start up other programs, how you'd get it to go to a direct website though is beyond my knowledge, hope someone can help you 🙂

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, RobF2 said:

I was wondering about using Addon LInker to also fire up Simbrief and Chartfox.  Is it possible to do that by calling Chrome and some extra parameters for the URL perhaps?    Does anyone have it working?

You can launch any website in your default browser from the command line using "explorer". For example, to launch the Navigraph charts website, you would enter:

explorer "https://charts.navigraph.com"

So in theory, you should be able to add that command to Addon Linker's startup settings to launch the websites you want. I've not tried this though.

@RobF2 you can try this, seems to work for me.

Create a batch file (let me know if it's not clear for you), and put what you see in the screenshot below inside. A batch file is just a text file with the .bat extension that you can edit with notepad.

In AL in the 'launch program options' add the batch file that you have created. Your default web browser should open with the chosen websites. Seems to work for me but with all the different possible configuration let me know if it doesn't for you, i'm sure there are alternative ways to do it.

lIkokbE.jpg

This will just open the websites with the specified urls, not sure if you wanted more than that and i missunderstood what you are trying to achieve.

🍻

edit : (in my screenshot the name of the .bat file is not in same in notepad vs linker, it's just an error in the screenshot 🙈 because i did different tests, obviously the .bat fileaname should match with the one specified in AL 😜)

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 3

Thanks Bad_T, that's brilliant.  I did try command line as malaromane suggested without success, but the batch file cunning plan sounds like the way to go  🙂

• Like 1