Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Simbrief Integration

Hello, coming back to MCE after many years away. I have the demo downloaded, installed, and all seems to be working ok, except Simbrief Integration. I've given MCE my Simbrief id, but it doesn't seem to be getting the information. I do not have any Simbrief files showing in the Documents/Mce folder, even after system reboots, sim restarts, and creating a new flight plan. I'm flying the PMDG 737-700 MSFS 2020 if that matters.

Ultimate Edition 3.0.28

My Simbrief ID is showing correctly in the config file under ATC.

Edit: I've uninstalled it. To many security threats being flagged by Microsoft Defender, beginning with the downland itself.

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

17 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Hello, coming back to MCE after many years away. I have the demo downloaded, installed, and all seems to be working ok, except Simbrief Integration. I've given MCE my Simbrief id, but it doesn't seem to be getting the information. I do not have any Simbrief files showing in the Documents/Mce folder, even after system reboots, sim restarts, and creating a new flight plan. I'm flying the PMDG 737-700 MSFS 2020 if that matters.

Ultimate Edition 3.0.28

My Simbrief ID is showing correctly in the config file under ATC.

Edit: I've uninstalled it. To many security threats being flagged by Microsoft Defender, beginning with the downland itself.

Occsionally Simbrief makes changes to the flight plan they generate, as a result MCE has to be updated. It broke even for me recently, but V3.0.28 should work, unless you can't see file "Simbrief_fpln.dat" in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. In that case, read the last pages of this thread

I've never seen the "Simbrief_fpln.dat" in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. I've read every thread here that seems to apply, still not getting anywhere. 

I will try installing it again though. Let me shut down Windows Defender first though, because it sure doesn't like your download.

Reninstalled

Went through the wizard, except voice training

Made a new fp in Simbrief, Simbrief downloader did it's thing.

Fired up Msfs 2020, loaded aircraft on the tarmac.

Started MCE, went to the ATC page, clicked to get the flight plan, was prompted for my Simbrief Id, put that in.

Clicked again to get the flight plan, nothing. Look in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder, nothing. Shut down MCE, restart, ask for fp again, nothing.

In the mce.ini file ATC section I see a field for "FlightPlansPath", and it's empty? I don't see anything in the manual specifying we have to input that manually?

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Muskoka said:

I've never seen the "Simbrief_fpln.dat" in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. I've read every thread here that seems to apply, still not getting anywhere. 

I will try installing it again though. Let me shut down Windows Defender first though, because it sure doesn't like your download.

Reninstalled

Went through the wizard, except voice training

Made a new fp in Simbrief, Simbrief downloader did it's thing.

Fired up Msfs 2020, loaded aircraft on the tarmac.

Started MCE, went to the ATC page, clicked to get the flight plan, was prompted for my Simbrief Id, put that in.

Clicked again to get the flight plan, nothing. Look in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder, nothing. Shut down MCE, restart, ask for fp again, nothing.

In the mce.ini file ATC section I see a field for "FlightPlansPath", and it's empty? I don't see anything in the manual specifying we have to input that manually?

No need to re-install

in mce.ini ensure "Debug=1"

Restart MCE and a "startup.og" will be generated in same folder.

Please wait for up to a minute after you have clicked the "show flight plan" button to make sure the FPLN has been downloaded and parsed (it's a background low priority task).

Post only the lines that track Simbrief FPLN acquisition.

Please confirm aircraft used, departure, destination and alternate airports for your flight plan. Will try to replicate.

Thanks

Where is this "startup.og" supposed to be? Debug is "1", and I don't see that file anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

Where is this "startup.og" supposed to be? Debug is "1", and I don't see that file anywhere.

You have to restart MCE. The file will be in same folder as "mce.ini"

C:\Users\your_user_name\Appdata\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folder

With standard folders rights, ANY app can write to that folder, even if not run as admin.

If the file isn't generated, then likely cause is overriden folders permissions to C:\Users\ folder, which isn't recommended as it will also affect \My Documents\ folder and could explain why even though the FPLN may have been downloaded, trying to write it to a file in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder somehow faild.

Edited.

I should have been able to figure that out myself, but you typed startup.og up above, and that's what I was searching for. I should have known you meant startup.log.

Not sure what your after but here's the whole file.

9:59:10:280 -Initialized global variables
9:59:10:297 -Loaded application settings from ini file
9:59:10:300 -COM initialization Successful
9:59:10:508 -Application cleared to start
9:59:10:511 -Loaded language resources
9:59:13:525 -Successfully created application window
9:59:13:606 -Voice created successfully
9:59:13:610 -Assigned voice
9:59:13:612 -Assigned voice
9:59:13:615 -Assigned voice
9:59:13:620 -Assigned voice
9:59:14:957 -Assigned voice
9:59:15:348 -Successfuly created Recognizer
9:59:15:352 -Successfully created user interface objects
9:59:25:376 -Detected Running Flight Simulator!
9:59:25:378 -Retrieved all aircraft config files
9:59:25:380 -Checked current aircraft position and status.
9:59:25:522 -About to start app main loop
9:59:25:650 -Getting user selected joystick and button
9:59:25:653 -Got user selected joystick and button
9:59:25:655 -Joystick tracking started!
9:59:28:866 -Looking for aircraft related paths
9:59:35:990 -Setting OPS data for current airport!
9:59:36:386 -Finished setting OPS data for current airport
9:59:36:388 -Getting data from reference file!
9:59:36:447 -Finished getting data from reference file
9:59:36:449 -Adjusted settings to current aircraft
9:59:38:452 -Initializing Relevant FO
9:59:38:458 -Looking for FO name
9:59:38:460 -Found FO name
9:59:38:462 -Initialized First Officer!
9:59:38:464 -Thread waiting for speech engine to update
9:59:53:467 -Thread finished waiting for SR update
10:0:4:947 -Disabled ATC speech context
10:0:4:950 -Disabled Sim control speech context
10:0:4:952 -Disabled Checklist speech context
10:0:4:954 -Disabled Commands speech context
10:0:4:956 -Disabled Main speech context
10:0:7:296 -Enabled Checklist speech context
10:0:7:407 -Enabled Commands speech context
10:0:7:411 -Enabled Sim control speech context
10:0:7:412 -Enabled Monitoring feature
10:0:7:415 -Initialized ATC
10:0:7:523 -Using Native ATC
10:0:12:678 -Updated ATC info
10:0:12:682 -Loaded ATC grammar
10:0:12:684 -Updated ATC speech context
10:0:12:686 -Enabled ATC speech context
10:0:12:793 -Enabled Main speech context
10:0:12:795 -Updated speech engine settings
10:0:15:947 -Using Native ATC
10:0:17:160 -Failed to generate Simbrief File
10:1:51:664 -Stopped joystick tracking

Edited by Muskoka

This I don't understand. Here's the data from that other log file in the same location, Simco64_Ldr.log, which was created at the same time.

Logging started
Simco64_Ldr loading
Created Simconnect session
CreatedSimconnect data definitions
Mapped Simconnect Events
About to enter main loop
checking for Fenix A320
Fenix A320 not found
Connected to MSFS
Config data requested...
SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_CLIENT_DATA received: EVENT_CONFIG_RECEIVED
Config data updates requested.
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Leaving main loop
Closing Simconnect session
Simco64_Ldr unloading

I'm not in the Fenix A320, I'm in the PMDG 737-700, and the Simbrief flight plan is made for the PMDG 737-700. Could this be the issue?

Edited by Muskoka

33 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

This I don't understand. Here's the data from that other log file in the same location, Simco64_Ldr.log, which was created at the same time.

Logging started
Simco64_Ldr loading
Created Simconnect session
CreatedSimconnect data definitions
Mapped Simconnect Events
About to enter main loop
checking for Fenix A320
Fenix A320 not found
Connected to MSFS
Config data requested...
SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_CLIENT_DATA received: EVENT_CONFIG_RECEIVED
Config data updates requested.
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Lvars received
Leaving main loop
Closing Simconnect session
Simco64_Ldr unloading

I'm not in the Fenix A320, I'm in the PMDG 737-700, and the Simbrief flight plan is made for the PMDG 737-700. Could this be the issue?

That's the "Simco64_Ldr.log", not the "startup.log". It's always generated.

Because "Simco64_Ldr.exe" has to deal with multiple planes and there are special things that need to be done with Fenix (Like tracking FCU values) it needs to know whether it's the plane running and not FlyBywire or other A320.

If you set "Debug=1" in "mce.ini", MCE is expected to generate a "startup.log" there.

3 minutes ago, FS++ said:

That's the "Simco64_Ldr.log", not the "startup.log". It's always generated.

Because "Simco64_Ldr.exe" has to deal with multiple planes and there are special things that need to be done with Fenix (Like tracking FCU values) it needs to know whether it's the plane running and not FlyBywire or other A320.

If you set "Debug=1" in "mce.ini", MCE is expected to generate a "startup.log" there.

I had already posted the startup.log above that post. Post was edited 33 minutes ago with the log, you missed it?

Edited by Muskoka

40 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

I had already posted the startup.log above that post. Post was edited 33 minutes ago with the log, you missed it?

Oops! My bad. Seen it now

This line ..

10:0:17:160 -Failed to generate Simbrief File

..indicates the failure occurs when MCE tries to write the FPLN that it downloaded to RAM to "Simbrief_fpln.dat".

It's a call to a Windows API routine that is failing: CreateFile

As suggested in other thread, if you are able to acess your MSFS installation from another user account on same machine, I suggest the following

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel

Do not delete anything manually

Login to the new account. Keep UAC in default settings and don't modify folder access rights

Install MCE under that account (the license will still work).

You'll have to train the speech engine as the new acount will be tied to a brand new untrained speech profile.

See if the Simbrief_fpln is generated once you're up and running.

Just to bring closure to this thread I'm responding back. This is a vanilla install of Windows 11. UAC, security, folder permissions have not been touched, so things should just work.

I'm going to just move on and look into using something else.

Posted (edited)

Yes I have not giving call sign tells me it's a vfr flight  I'm In 737 I doubled checked sim breif and my plan. 

Edited by Burge
Msfs

On 3/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, Muskoka said:

Just to bring closure to this thread I'm responding back. This is a vanilla install of Windows 11. UAC, security, folder permissions have not been touched, so things should just work.

I'm going to just move on and look into using something else.

Which MCE version are you on?

In more recent versions, when MCE is unable to create the flight plan in \My Documnts\ folder, it will write it to C drive as last resort.

If you are on V3.0.7.0 or higher, use the patch found here and manually add/replace files.

Then generate a new log and check whether you can see a "Simbrief_fpln.dat" in C:\ drive.