Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Engine failed during flight in Kodiak 100

I was cruising at 11500 ft in the SWS Kodiak 100 and suddenly the engine just stopped. There were fuel in the tanks. I tried to restart the engine and NG rise above 14 but then after turning on the fuel conditioner NG never rises above around 20.
This has happened several times and the last time I am sure the meters were in the green area. What could this be ?

Did you previously have a blown / hot start? I haven't been in the Kodiak in a while but I think there used to be some persistence with engine wear and tear so if you blew something in the past it would raise the probability of it happening again.

Did you notice a 'thud' noise just before the engine died?

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

14 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Did you previously have a blown / hot start? I haven't been in the Kodiak in a while but I think there used to be some persistence with engine wear and tear so if you blew something in the past it would raise the probability of it happening again.

Did you notice a 'thud' noise just before the engine died?

Does the Kodiak save state between sessions ?

I dont think I heard any noise before engine quit rather the opposite more quiet

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/06/05/kodiak-100-updated-with-deeper-engine-simulation-overstress-failures-hot-starts-and-more/#:~:text=Besides the usual bug fixes,overstress%2C overtorque%2C or overheat.

Besides the usual bug fixes, this update implements new things to be aware of when flying the Kodiak 100. Simmers will now need to be careful in managing the engine, because it can now fail due to overstress, overtorque, or overheat.

12 hours ago, s0cks said:

I assume you were monitoring temps and nothing seemed wrong?

Not all the time. But as I said this has happened repeated time and at only one occasion (thew latest) did I start from cold and dark.