Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

LED on XTouch Mini

Good evening,

When trying to configure the LED's to illuminate on the XTouch Mini when a button is activated, can the script only contain a 1 or 0 for the on/off value? I have an Lvar that when active gives an on value of 3 and 0 when off. My script is as follows which unfortunately doesn't illuminate the button:

(L:CM1_audio_mic_adv1,·number)·0·==·if{·0·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}·els{·3·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}

Thanks

Edited by daan_vb

WAT1036.png

Hi,

Try:

(L:CM1_audio_mic_adv1,·number)·3·==·if{·1·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)}·els{·0·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)}

You send a 1 or a 0 to the LED based on the LVAR value. So if the LVAR = 3 then a 1 is sent to the LED, any other value and a 0 is sent.

You can also control the LEDs on a per layer basis using channel 11 instead of 1:

LAYER A
Encoders 0 - 7
Button top: 8 - 15
Buttons bottom: 16 - 23

LAYER B
Encoder 
Buttons top: 32  - 39
Buttons bottom: 40 - 47

The encoders cannot be controlled on a per layer basis, they are just 0 - 7 no matter which layer is selected.

Regards,

Daz

Edited by Dazzlercee23

7 hours ago, daan_vb said:

can the script only contain a 1 or 0 for the on/off value?

No. But the different values have different meanings for the hardware

0 = off
1 = on
2 = blinking

I can't look at the Behringer spec at the moment, but I think that those are it for the buttons. There are more options for the rotary encoder LEDs.

Not sure why you would send the "3" in your example - this IMHO points to a general misunderstanding of how those scripts actually work. Can you describe in your own words why you would send the "3" in your els{ branch?

This would be the correct script: "When the LVar is 0 then turn the LED off (send 0 to the Behringer device for this button). In all other cases (els{) turn the LED on (=send 1 to the button)"

(L:CM1_audio_mic_adv1,·number)·0·==·if{·0·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}·els{·1·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Hi,

Try:

(L:CM1_audio_mic_adv1,·number)·3·==·if{·1·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)}·els{·0·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)}

You send a 1 or a 0 to the LED based on the LVAR value. So if the LVAR = 3 then a 1 is sent to the LED, any other value and a 0 is sent.

You can also control the LEDs on a per layer basis using channel 11 instead of 1:

LAYER A
Encoders 0 - 7
Button top: 8 - 15
Buttons bottom: 16 - 23

LAYER B
Encoder 
Buttons top: 32  - 39
Buttons bottom: 40 - 47

The encoders cannot be controlled on a per layer basis, they are just 0 - 7 no matter which layer is selected.

Regards,

Daz

Thank you, that worked! I get now how these work!

WAT1036.png

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

No. But the different values have different meanings for the hardware

0 = off
1 = on
2 = blinking

I can't look at the Behringer spec at the moment, but I think that those are it for the buttons. There are more options for the rotary encoder LEDs.

Not sure why you would send the "3" in your example - this IMHO points to a general misunderstanding of how those scripts actually work. Can you describe in your own words why you would send the "3" in your els{ branch?

This would be the correct script: "When the LVar is 0 then turn the LED off (send 0 to the Behringer device for this button). In all other cases (els{) turn the LED on (=send 1 to the button)"

(L:CM1_audio_mic_adv1,·number)·0·==·if{·0·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}·els{·1·(>MIDI:4:NoteOn:1:2)·}

Probably because I am a dumbass...😞

The script above from Daz worked. I was trying to write the script so when the Lvar is a 3 (as that is the "on" value), the light illuminates. i just wasn't sure in what part of the script that needed to be placed. I get it now. Thanks

Edited by daan_vb

WAT1036.png