Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

weather "hard copy" ?

When I request weather, FO asks me if I want a "hard COPY" what is that? I said "yes" once , nothing really happened, so I just say "no" and he reads me the weather. Anything special about it, what should I expect the HARD COPY to be?  Some info in MCE window somewhere? MSFS version. 

Thanks

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AndyCYXU said:

When I request weather, FO asks me if I want a "hard COPY" what is that? I said "yes" once , nothing really happened, so I just say "no" and he reads me the weather. Anything special about it, what should I expect the HARD COPY to be?  Some info in MCE window somewhere? MSFS version. 

Thanks

If you have a printer that is ON, FO will output Metar or TAF to it.

Works even for those with a simpit (hardware cockpit). It can print it to a cockpit thermal printer provided is is set as default. As if you received it via ACARS

• Like 1

Not a big deal, but is there a way to disable him asking for hard copy of weather? Voice asking for hard copy is very robotic as the sentence is comprised of single words, takes me couple of "no's" for him to acknowledge that I "do not want a hard copy".I would not mind if this was an option to diable this question form FO.

Again, not a big deal but if there is one that would be cool.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, AndyCYXU said:

Not a big deal, but is there a way to disable him asking for hard copy of weather? Voice asking for hard copy is very robotic as the sentence is comprised of single words, takes me couple of "no's" for him to acknowledge that I "do not want a hard copy".I would not mind if this was an option to diable this question form FO.

Again, not a big deal but if there is one that would be cool.

Thanks

I agree

• Like 1

OK, since very few have a need for that, and yes that particular speech sounds robotic, it will be simply removed in next revision.

For those who want the print out, could always use a speech variation like "print out the latest Metar for Frankfurt" or "print out the latest TAF for Echo Delta Delta Foxtrot" in which case Metar or TAF won't be read at all, just sent to the printer

• Like 2