Sign in to follow this  

Not hearing ATIS when I tune their frequency. Not coming out of monitor or the headset. Tuning freq on Com 1 or com 2. Am I missing something here? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

What aircraft?  Any of them?  Are you selecting from the ATC menu or tuning manually from a chart?  I can do both and it seems to work just fine.  ATC does have a tendency to lose it's voice though.  I think with AI traffic it gets overwhelmed and breaks.  The ATC and ATIS information is so useless in my opinion.  The active runways are always opposite and certain parts of the weather don't match the current METAR.  <cue the condescending tone> "Good day!"

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

4 hours ago, Orlaam said:

The ATC and ATIS information is so useless in my opinion.

sound's like a good sim to waste money on 😆

for now, cheers

john martin

Not receiving any ATIS, and or with any plane. Has to be one of my settings in MSFS I believe. It should be coming out of my headset or monitor, but nothing! Stumped on this.

Walt Popowski

11 hours ago, vadriver said:

sound's like a good sim to waste money on 😆

To be fair, previous editions of MSFS, as well as other simulators, have poor ATC and weather information.  The visuals make up for it.  Having said that, there is no reason Asobo or a third party shouldn't be able to enhance the ATC.  Unfortunately, third party ATC has always sounded so bad.  FSX/FS9 had rather good voice packs that, when sped up, were very good.  You could alter the phrases or even make your own with an inexpensive add-on.  With good voice packs, ATC enhancement would be relatively easy to supplement.  It's the voices that drive people away from 3rd party packs.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

10 hours ago, waltpop said:

Not receiving any ATIS, and or with any plane. Has to be one of my settings in MSFS I believe. It should be coming out of my headset or monitor, but nothing! Stumped on this.

And you can hear all the other sounds?  Did you make sure the voice volume is up in the menu?  I put mine on 30% and turned the music off and kept all the other levels at 100% for now. If you can hear all the other sounds, then I have no idea.  Make sure to try just using the jack on the actual computer and not a peripheral device.

- Chris

& one is within a 60nm or perhaps of the subject's transmitter .... after weather is injected & depicted.

for now, cheers

john martin

All fixed, thank you. It was one of the settings set to "Off". Thanks to every one for your help. Walt

Walt Popowski

What was causing this was in options assistance menu under "Piloting" I had "AI Radio Communications (ATC) turned to ON, should set to OFF. Again Thank you for all your help. Walt

• Like 1

Walt Popowski