Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Megascenery X - So Cal - First Impression!

OK..I got mine. I installed and (not yet de-fragged..too impatient to try it out) my first impressions are as follows.Awesome!very well done. The Autogens are far better than I had expected. DFW scenert hardly has any autogens.. so I had a low expectations here. But nope.. It turned out good. And well placed autogens too. And when you climb out..the autogens are non intrusive to the underlaying phototextures.Incidentally, I have Blue sky sceneries Downtown LA for FS9 which works fairly good in FSX with megascenery So Cal X. (http://www.blueskyscenery.com/ Thanks to Gottfried, a FREEWARE)I flew from San Diego to Palm springs , then to LA on a F-14 (250-500kts). at 250 kts hardly any blurries and I am yet to defrag etc. which is really cool.Even though I had AI traffic at 0%, There was a FPS hit coming near to KLAX/.. I got 12FPS while I was getting 24FPS at San Diego. I don't believe this has anything to do with Megascenery. Downtown LA add on that I had may have added some workload to the already crowded LA area.I then changed the time to Dusk.. and another WOW! The lighting is awesome. very well done. Far better than the DFW.I know there would be the inevitable comparison to the Megascenery Hawaii. Well ... The Hawaii scenery by its nature/geography is a better scenery than so cal in real life and that show here as well. When you get near the mountains... like flying from Palm Springs to Banning Muni, the rocky mountains to the left were awesome. The details were spectacular. I love the deserty, rocky/stony mountains.I know, we got used to the green textures in the previous version which was not the true hue of the So cal area I believe. But still.. I would like people living in the So Cal area to validate the color hue of this scenery. Not sure which month the photos were taken. summer or winter? anyone knows?Now, all we need are airport sceneries for So Cal. (Shehryar, where are you?) and if Gottfried could do San Diego downtown like he did LA downtown, it would be mind blowing.This Megascenery So Cal for FSX is a Must have scenery IMO.Job well done! :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have a few shots of flying in the San Diego area on my blog site. Having grown up there-the colors can be very brown in the summer-and incredibly green in the winter depending on if there has been any rain. Also-due to artificial planting it is much greener in the civilized areas than when I lived there 30 years ago.I may have to rebuy this title-although with Tileproxy/google simulator I haven't felt such a burning desire I used to have.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Geofa,I think this is better than Google. Its a finished product and it has dawn and dusk and night.On top of that if you have Ultimate Terrain, (UT has to be below the photo scenery) the UT lights add to this. I cannot use UT roads, I can't afford the FPS, so I use the UT just for the high resolution land borders (what do you call that? ) and the lights.And it blends well with the water and the shoreline during day.The autogens also adds value. The only thing folks would have to do is..keep their HD in tip top shape by defragging etc to avoid Blurries. and this add on adds no burden on FPS which in the FSX world is a boon.Manny

Manny

I don't really fly the sim at night or use autogen-but I would be interested in seeing some shots in the screen shot forum of how it looks if you get a chance-having spent my first 16 years of life there I have a particular interest.I could also send you some real shots if you are interested in comparing-shoot me an email if interested.I just flew over Palm Springs and the Banning pass 3 weeks ago..http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Alkit

Your performance is impressive! How can you get that high FPS? Just curious to know your computer specification. Do you overclock for it?WOW

Guest djt01

Alkit,My specs are below. I took the screens with my Nvidia 680i setup using the recommended FSX settings from MegaScenery. Evga 680i SLICore 2 X6800Corsair XMS2 Dominator 4GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400/C-4)Evga 8800 Ultra

Geofa.Could you please posts the pictures of Palms springs and the Bannings airport and pass? or you could also e-mail it to me at cpgmm@aol.comI love that area in the so cal scenery. In FS9 we had a nice freeware for palm springs. I always wanted an aiport scenery for Bannings. I am curious about how that area looks for real.BTW.. do you still want me to post screenshots of those areas? since you have already ordered them... Not sure if you still need it.Manny

Manny

Guest tmholopa

could someone post some screens with max autogen, Manny show us some screens with UT lights on.thanks in advancetero

Thanks Geofa.Those photos are lovely. I am jealous you get to fly around those parts. Dallas Area is so Boring. :)BTW..you had a photo of an airport with two runways.. What airport is that? I didn't think it was Palm Springs.Manny

Manny

>Your performance is impressive! How can you get that high>FPS? Just curious to know your computer specification. Do you>overclock for it?>>WOWAlso from the looks of the shots there are no clouds, and from the airport scenery shots, looks like no traffic. Looks like he would still get good performance though if he had, probably in the 25-30 range.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d