Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

x-plane is a piece of art

but not what I was looking for. I selected "Non precision IFR" under weather themes in x-plane 12, and this is what I got. probably best not to look outside under those IFR conditions and only trust your instruments, not your eyes.  unretouched original screenshot RVR 900ft and moderate rain around 6:00 pm near KHSP Virginia! looks like x-plane ran out of paint?

pieceofartiicep.jpg

later on the ground it looked like this. while this could be an impressionist artist's work, again not something I was expecting/hoping for:

pieceofart26vimc.jpg

later on the ground at KHSP: RVR 900 ft, precipitation moderate, things were looking normal again, non VFR:

spacer.png

later x-plane complained my render settings were too high, though I had Rendering Resolution only on ULTRA instead of FULL resolution. 4K monitor, VR headset and despite a "lousy" RTX 4090 24 GB VRAM rendering settings too high?

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I like the first one. 🧐

How much is it? 💲

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

3 hours ago, efis007 said:

How much is it?

nothing. "try it, you can do it." as Bob Ross used to say. just reduce RVR to less than .5 SM and after 6 pm I think it was. but since it was pure IMC I didn't mind the view since it kept my eyes on the artificial horizon and altimeter. If only John F. Kennedy Jr. had some IFR training before his evening flight to Martha's vineyard.

the 2nd picture was inspired by William Turner "Sunset on the coast at Margate" but he should have increased LOD and Texture Resolution settings for this:

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Have you reported it using the bug report page?

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

7 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Have you reported it using the bug report page?

no, I don't feel like being part of the beta test team, I would be spending more time bug reporting than actually flying if I reported each and everything. I am sure they know about it anyway.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, turbomax said:

no, I don't feel like being part of the beta test team, I would be spending more time bug reporting than actually flying if I reported each and everything. I am sure they know about it anyway.

Reporting it as a bug would have taken you LESS time than writing the original post AND would have been a concrete action to help resolve it (which writing the above post is NOT).

Unless, of course, your only purpose is trolling. 😏

• Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

@turbomax

I propose a deal... an exchange of "works of art". 
You give me this... 🧐

pieceofartiicep.jpg

...  and I give you this 😎

A330-2022-11-16-15-05-54.jpg

Seems like a fair trade to me. 👍
A high degree of culture is needed to understand the artistic significance of these works.
To the layman they will seem like meaningless images. 

• Like 3

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

17 minutes ago, efis007 said:

To the layman they will seem like meaningless images. 

the layman might confuse them even for bugs?

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

19 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Reporting it as a bug would have taken you LESS time than writing the original post 

I have spent years in software development testing and reporting bugs, now it is someone else's turn.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

or even bugs?

It depends on the context in which our paintings fit.
If the context is to represent a flight simulator… then those images represent a nasty bug. 
If instead the context is to represent "abstract art"... then those images represent abstract artwork.
It's a costly art.
You had to spend $2,000 on the RTX4090 to make that abstract painting.
I my abstract painting cost much less, only 200 dollars for the GTX960 to make the painting.

• Like 2

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

20 minutes ago, efis007 said:

my abstract painting cost much less, only 200 dollars

my mother was an artist and painter. back then there was no PrtScrn screenshots, had to do it all herself, but it cost even less: easel, brushes, colors, water, paper. less than 200 dollars. the top image reminds me of one of her works. 😀

"You had to spend $2,000 on the RTX4090 to make that abstract painting."

and I can use it only for x-plane, I have never seen such works of art come from MSFS. 😀

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

Great. 👏

Then I'll give you a real gift of abstract art.
With your picture!
😳

Yes... there is much more to this picture than you think, you just need to find a way to "bring out" the invisible details.

pieceofartiicep.jpg

We import the painting into photoshop camera raw, and push these parameters:

abstract-art1-1.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the true abstract picture of the Turbomax user is now revealed ! 🧐

abstract-art2.jpg

(Warning! DO NOT repeat this trick on my magenta abstract painting. Danger of permanent blindness!! 😁  )

• Like 1

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

55 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I have spent years in software development testing and reporting bugs, now it is someone else's turn.

So, you prefer to spend time complaining about a defect in a product you use, rather than using that time to help correct that defect.

Wow, you're a very, very smart person, I tell you! 😄

13 minutes ago, Murmur said:

rather than using that time to help correct that defect.

I don't consider bug testing/reporting my job any more. YMMV

"your only purpose is trolling."

oh, that again.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

35 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the true abstract picture of the Turbomax user is now revealed

so it was no work of art but a simple x-plane screenshot in rainy IMC weather over Virginia mountains after all, Q.E.D. 🥵

fantastic forensic work, congratulations! if you dig deeper you will find this underneath the mountain layer:

"The Prado Mona Lisa is a painting by the workshop of Leonardo da Vinci and depicts the same subject and composition as Leonardo's better known Mona Lisa at the Louvre, Paris. The Prado Mona Lisa has been in the collection of the Museo del Prado in Madrid, Spain since 1819, but was considered for decades a relatively unimportant copy. Following its restoration in 2012, however, the Prado's Mona Lisa has come to be understood as the earliest known studio copy of Leonardo's masterpiece."

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.