Sign in to follow this  
PILOT'S

PILOT'S Boeing B-314 v1.3 (MSFS) Update Released

Thank you all for the very positive and productive feedback we've received since release!

I’m happy to announce that PILOT’S B-314 - The Clipper v1.3 is now available!

With the help of Asobo’s input I have been able to work around the issue of LVAR values not being properly passed through to animate certain switches and dials. I have recoded the fuel dial logic and the fuel dials are now in their correct position, both when you start from Cold & Dark or from a water runway position, as per the screenshots below.

The flight model has also seen some minor changes, mostly to enhance the overall heavy feeling of the Clipper, both on the water and when airborne.

We hope you enjoy this latest update, our 4th since the initial release 4 weeks ago.

Jerome

CAOYWXr.jpg

QZRAOld.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for this!

I'm a couple updates behind, but finally got to try this one out.  Thoughts:

1.  Autopilot behavior much improved, thank you.  

2.  Flight model feels nice, takeoff and landing are both much smoother than on release.  Still hard to get her off the water when heavy; manual suggests unsticking by,what, 70kts?  I can't get her off the water at max gross much below 100 - 110kts (which I kind of doubt would have really been obtainable on the water, given the severity of hydrodynamic drag).  I understand this is probably due to MSFS water handling issues though, and is a minor point.

3. More of the gauges at the FE station seem functional now; fuel flows repond to mixture changes, RPMs respond to the prop switches etc.  

Suggestions (after just a few minutes of a quick test flight):

1.  It seems that on both the -314 and -314A, the captain's attitude indicator only indicates roll, but not pitch.  The first officer's attitude indicator seems to work correctly.  Team effort I guess?  😉

2.  Water spray visual effects look really nice now, but it would be nice to have some water contact sounds to go with them.  A water rush that fades away on takeoff, some kind of rumbling or splash on landing etc.

3.  It would be nice to be able to fully feather a prop when shutting one down in flight.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the updates; there has been a lot of refinement in the short time since release.  Thanks!

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 2

Andrew Crowley

I can only agree and underline this first comment! 

Pilot´s has proven again that they not only listen to criticizm but unlike many others they take action on it, too!
That is GOOD, thank you Jérôme and the whole team!

Congratulations on the cooperation with Asobo and the resulting improvements and more realism for the Clippers!

Sounds would indeed enhance the overall immersion feeling quite a bit and it should not be too difficult to add those I hope.

Prop feathering is an essential feature in case you loose an engine, and as far as we know that happened quite often on the Clippers 😉
So, please, give us that with the next update.

Keep ´em coming, please.... 🙂

• Like 2

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot