Sign in to follow this  
AS129 - Michael Johnson

VATSIM vPilot causing sim1.dll issue and crashing FSX

Just encountered this for the first time just a while ago.  Was flying FSX on VATSIM with vPilot on a KJAX - KDTW flight.  Everything was fine until I was in Atlanta Center territory and FSX crashed.  Restarted everything, logged back onto vPilot and FSX crashed again.  Restart once more without vPilot, everything working just fine.

I uninstalled vPilot and reinstalled it, still causing FSX to crash.  Looked in the event log, vPilot is messing with the sim1.dll somehow as that is the cause of FSX crashing when vPilot is running.

Has anyone else had this issue before?  Also posted on VATSIM forums in case anyone might know something as well.

Michael Johnson - AirSource Virtual Pilots Union
YouTube - SkzDaLimit Aviation Channel

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler

Sorry, wish I could help, but have you checked to make sure that you have the latest version of vPilot?

Also, try an Internet search on "sim1.dll fsx".  Bunch of messages.

Good luck..

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

20 hours ago, airernie said:

Sorry, wish I could help, but have you checked to make sure that you have the latest version of vPilot?

Also, try an Internet search on "sim1.dll fsx".  Bunch of messages.

Good luck..

It's all good, any input is helpful.  I did make sure I had the right version of vPilot.  Also did a sim1.dll search, nothing really specific atm but I'll search further.  Internet connection was stable as well so I was able to rule that out.

I was finally able to get back on VATSIM after about 20 minutes and finish my flight, who knows what truly happened in this instance. 

Cheers!

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler

Quick update:  This issue is still happening and ONLY when I have vPilot running.  Thus far I have been unable to determine why, and I have done a fairly thorough search on the web. 

It is my understanding that sim1.dll controls many things including AI.  Could AI being injected into the FSX environment via vPilot be the cause?  I did add a couple of AI models into my aircraft folder.  Perhaps an issue with those?  I am deleting them for now from the folder to see what happens, if anything.

Lastly, what AI packages do you all use when flying FSX and with VATSIM?  I like things to look fairly realistic and I don't like looking at generic aircraft when vPilot throws them in.

Anyways, here is the event log entry if anyone wants to gander at it:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: sim1.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006df64
Faulting process id: 0x0x53E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9794C67162C66
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sim1.dll
Report Id: 1e5f9f82-5c06-49b6-a256-25efac6fbc8f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Try turning off all AI aircraft and see if that helps.  Sim1.dll error usually occurs because of a faulty AI texture.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Try turning off all AI aircraft and see if that helps.  Sim1.dll error usually occurs because of a faulty AI texture.

The only time AI are there is if I have vPilot running.  I am thinking it might be one of the AI aircraft I installed before the crashing occurred.  I went ahead and deleted those and rescanned AI with vPilot.  I'll see if that helps.

• Upvote 1