Sign in to follow this  
WestEnd

Double bleep intermittently - what is it and how to get rid?

So far no more beeping since changing the BIOS to the most recent version. Performance seems to have improved too.

I was flying a helicopter there for about 45 minutes and the highest CPU temperature recorded was 68 degrees C. The highest GPU temperature was 76 degrees C, assuming I am reading the correct figures from hwinfo.com

Perhaps something got changed in my BIOS that shouldn't have been, or perhaps the new version is more suitable for my hardware.

I will still look into whether the fans can be better optimised, or if more fans should be added.

This is my CPU watercooler. The guy I use to put hardware together said I would be better with a cooler with 3 fans. I'm no sure if that is correct or not. This one was quite pricey, albeit I will change if 3 fans would be better.

ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 120 ARGB, 120mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler, 1x 120mm ARGB Fans, Aura Sync, Intel/AMD 7IIGS

Edited by WestEnd
  • Like 1

Calum Watt

1 hour ago, WestEnd said:

This is my CPU watercooler. The guy I use to put hardware together said I would be better with a cooler with 3 fans. I'm no sure if that is correct or not. This one was quite pricey, albeit I will change if 3 fans would be better.

ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 120 ARGB, 120mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler, 1x 120mm ARGB Fans, Aura Sync, Intel/AMD 7IIGS

Well, if the thermal tests in this review here below are anything to go by, that is a pretty decent cooler!

ASUS ROG STRIX LC 120 RGB CPU Cooler Review (tweaktown.com)

It is entirely possible that the BIOS update has fixed the issue.  

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, WestEnd said:

So far no more beeping since changing the BIOS to the most recent version. Performance seems to have improved too.

I was flying a helicopter there for about 45 minutes and the highest CPU temperature recorded was 68 degrees C. The highest GPU temperature was 76 degrees C, assuming I am reading the correct figures from hwinfo.com

Perhaps something got changed in my BIOS that shouldn't have been, or perhaps the new version is more suitable for my hardware.

I will still look into whether the fans can be better optimised, or if more fans should be added.

Those temps are all great - so sounds good there. Perhaps something to do with the BIOS then that was fixed with an update! Hopefully it'll be all good now and won't return 🙂

• Like 1

Possibly your VRM temps are too high ?  This is particular an issue with a lot of AIO builds as there is no HSF blowing air over the motherboards VRM heatsinks.

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Possibly your VRM temps are too high ?  This is particular an issue with a lot of AIO builds as there is no HSF blowing air over the motherboards VRM heatsinks.

I still have the hwinfo.com program open from yesterday. 

There is nothing that says VRM, but VR loop, if that is the same thing, has a max temperature of 55 degrees C.

Calum Watt

22 minutes ago, WestEnd said:

I still have the hwinfo.com program open from yesterday. 

There is nothing that says VRM, but VR loop, if that is the same thing, has a max temperature of 55 degrees C.

VR loop is typically the hottest VRM reported on the motherboard I believe, and 55C is nice and cool there too. Has the beeping remained silent?

If so I still reckon you're all good!

33 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

VR loop is typically the hottest VRM reported on the motherboard I believe, and 55C is nice and cool there too. Has the beeping remained silent?

If so I still reckon you're all good!

No more double bleeping.

I did get a single bleep there not long after starting to use FS2020, and the performance did seem to drop a bit in terms of smoothness, and seeing scenery loading.

The hwinfo program is showing a max CPU temp of 97 degress, and showing it in red, so perhaps that's what the single bleep was about. 

Calum Watt