Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

I switched to a 4080...

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

What is your vram usage?

mike

Mine? Strongly depends on the scenario. During my last flight with the ATR, it was below 10GB out of Wellington and roughly 11-12GB into Auckland. But on Aerosofts EBBR in the Fenix it can easily reach up to a full VRAM.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, FBW737 said:

and looks exactly the same or perhaps even better!🤪

Maybe, but not many of us use a TV screen as principal monitor. And not talking about Inputlag of course (which might be neglectible in MSFS).

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

30 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Mine? Strongly depends on the scenario. During my last flight with the ATR, it was below 10GB out of Wellington and roughly 11-12GB into Auckland. But on Aerosofts EBBR in the Fenix it can easily reach up to a full VRAM.

Well that just confirms it 

I have a 3080ti with high settings and I reaching max vram in larger airports 

in the process of selling it and getting a 3090 cheap.

mike 

I agree the AMD 6900/6950 performed slightly better than a vanilla 3080 12GB at times (though it's really close), but I think it's primarily because MSFS leaks memory again in the last couple versions (at least with LOTS of addons). I think it having to clear the memory buffer in the GPU is causing some issue at times, so a little more room at 16GB (AMD) vs. a 3080 12 GB.

The issue I had with the AMD is mainly that if something does crash, you'll always wonder, was it an AMD specific crash or not...
Also, AMD has some issues in dev mode in some SDK versions, the issues come and go. So that is why I also went AMD 6950 back to an Nvidia 3080 12GB.

The Asus 3080 I have is a lot quieter than the AMD 6950 (red devil) I had. Though that might be that specific card.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

8 hours ago, FBW737 said:

and looks exactly the same or perhaps even better!🤪

Careful!  I got shot down over stating this.  I find that people believe what they need to.  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.