Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Big update to Just Flight BAe 146 including failures

It's the VNAV button that gets me. Can't they at least put an INOP sticker on it?

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

It's the VNAV button that gets me. Can't they at least put an INOP sticker on it?

That's exactly as per the real aircraft, so you'd need to take that up with the manufacturer. 

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

I've just got the 146 after debating for a while about whether it was for me, as I tend to prefer more up to date aircraft. But I thought it would be worth the investment and a challenge. 

Really impressed with the quality of the product, and have got to grips with the basics fairly quickly.....except for the autopilot. 

I've watched loads of videos, read the manual numerous times and I cannot seem to figure out how get the autopilot to follow the flight plan programmed into the computer. I've got the FMS bit ticked in the options in the EFB, I've got the FMS to sync in the MCDU settings, I'm linked to Simbrief etc etc but none of this seems to make any difference. 

I take off, can set the climb mode ok, but LNAV seems random. I can get it to follow a manually set heading, but nothing I do seems to get it to follow the FMS plan. 

Is there a really simple idiots guide to achieving this? I know there must something I am doing wrong, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. 

8 hours ago, DonutUK said:

I've just got the 146 after debating for a while about whether it was for me, as I tend to prefer more up to date aircraft. But I thought it would be worth the investment and a challenge. 

Really impressed with the quality of the product, and have got to grips with the basics fairly quickly.....except for the autopilot. 

I've watched loads of videos, read the manual numerous times and I cannot seem to figure out how get the autopilot to follow the flight plan programmed into the computer. I've got the FMS bit ticked in the options in the EFB, I've got the FMS to sync in the MCDU settings, I'm linked to Simbrief etc etc but none of this seems to make any difference. 

I take off, can set the climb mode ok, but LNAV seems random. I can get it to follow a manually set heading, but nothing I do seems to get it to follow the FMS plan. 

Is there a really simple idiots guide to achieving this? I know there must something I am doing wrong, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. 

I'm not at my PC. However, there are two yellow toggle switches on the main panel that must be set to RNAV (Up) for the plane to track the FMC route. They are down by default. You then need to set them back down, NAV, for the ILS or radio navigation. RNAV = FMC. NAV = Radios. Go figure..😀

Edited by jarmstro

10 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I'm not at my PC. However, there are two yellow toggle switches on the main panel that must be set to RNAV (Up) for the plane to track the FMC route. They are down by default. You then need to set them back down, NAV, for the ILS or radio navigation. RNAV = FMC. NAV = Radios. Go figure..😀

I will give that a go, I know exactly the switches you are referring to but never guessed to try them the other way round! Thank you.