Sign in to follow this  
JonBuck

My FS9 locked in "Read-Only" Mode. How to unlock?

All of a sudden, I find that everything in my FS 2004 is locked in "Read-Only" mode. I go through the steps to "uncheck" and apply, but when I click on OK...it jumps back into read-only.   I can't seem to get it to turn the read-only mode off!!!    

Has anybody encountered this situation and solved it?

This is really frustrating to say the least!!   

Could there be something outside FS9 controlling it???

JonB   😟

Some anti-virus products "protect" directories in this way if they detect an issue.

You can usually prove if this the case by taking your computer off-line and "white-listing" the directory concerned. If this resolves the issue, I would recommend tracing the issue through the logs rather than just leaving it vulnerable to issues.

If you believe it is identifying a "false-positive", all respectable anti-virus software provides a method of sending them the file to be checked and cleared from their detection.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks for the response, John.  I've tried everything I can think of and all the tips from other simmers, even re-installed Windows 10 thinking it may have been somehow corrupted...but all to no avail.   Fortunately this doesn't effect the operation of FS9 sim aircraft. I just can not add or change the F10 checklists or remarks. I'll have to live with it and maybe somewhere down the line I will discover what is causing FS9 to lock itself up. 

In the meantime...thanks for the tip.   JonB   😉