Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Best landclass/ground textures?

Hi everyone. I've got a new system arriving today and I thought I'd give FSX another shot.I've been out of the FS loop for a few months now and was wondering what's the current best solution to get rid of the desert textures all over the world? Any recommendations on a good landclass and/or ground textures to have something a little more convincing?Thanks!

While Global Warming is creeping up on us, FSX jumped the gun. I have found that the FSGenesis landclass is an overall improvement and not terribly expensive - http://www.fsgenesis.net// I should have said an improvement in the application landclass. It does not change any of the textures so the Autumn continues with the same issues.To fix the Autumn "brown ground" I use Adam Mills textures available in the AVSIM library. There are four parts so the download is large. He has a set for the USA and Europe.Landclass = texture placement (FSGenesis) and the actual texture/picture (Adam Mills).Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yokeFrom 1000ft AGL near Pittsburgh. Pa. Today's date. Autogen =densehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178543.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest marcdavison

Outside of the US the Cloud9 landclass is cheap and seems to do the job.Marc

The Cloud9 I had seemed to rely on moving Spring textures into use in place of Autumn textures. It was not a satisfactory process for my taste.Other than that it did provide a more real application of seasonal textures as per the calendar as well as re-mapping of the trigger map that determines the season in a very specific areas.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA