Sign in to follow this  
knich

GSX Pro...Quick Question

GSX works great.  In sim, each time I want to bring up pop up, I have to double click on GSX. 

Anyone know how to activate pop-up on single click?  In youtube videos, I see single click.

Thanks.

I suggest reading the manual, Pages 84-85, which explains in detail how the menu work and why.

The short version is, from the manual again:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.

• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.

• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

By default, the Hot-key is Ctrl+Shift+F12, but it can be configured in the FSDT Installer, in the "Config" page for GSX pro. Personally, I use the X key.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I suggest reading the manual, Pages 84-85, which explains in detail how the menu work and why.

The short version is, from the manual again:

I appreciate your quick response.  If I read every manual that comes with every product, I would still be reading manuals.  That is in part what this forum is for.

I try to help people whenever I can.  This is not my business and I am not retired with unlimited time.

I am doing what you have listed except GSX opens automatically when I start a flight.  After say I request refueling, the menu disappears automatically.  So, I have to double click to get it to open from the toolbar.

I then select, catering.  Once again, menu disappears.  

In the instances where the menu remains up, I use the X icon to close the menu.  I never close from toolbar.

I will have a look at the menu.  

• Like 1

I just changed the hotkey to F12 so it's a single push to open and close the GSX menu.  I haven't had to double click the GSX icon in the toolbar for months.

• Like 1

Ryan

59 minutes ago, knich said:

I am doing what you have listed except GSX opens automatically when I start a flight.  After say I request refueling, the menu disappears automatically.  So, I have to double click to get it to open from the toolbar.

But that's an automatic feature of the sim! When you exit a flight and left a toolbar menu active, it will automatically open it again on the next flight, on the premise if you left it active, you want to use it at every flight.

That's another reason why the workflow suggested in the manual is telling you to "Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services", so it will not automatically open on the next flight.

After say I request refueling, the menu disappears automatically. 

The menu is supposed to close (but remaining active) each time you select an option, that's how GSX always worked and it has been made like this, in order to not take valuable space on screen when you don't need it. 

So, I have to double click to get it to open from the toolbar.

That's normal, and that's why there's an Hotkey! If the menu is already Active ( which is how is supposed to be when it's closed from the X icon, the Hotkey or automatically ), if you use the mouse again to re-open it, you will have to click twice, because the first click with Deactivate the already-Active icon.

Basically, the first time you open it when it's not Active ( dark icon ), you must use the mouse but, as long is Active ( light icon), you should always use the Hotkey to open it again.

3 hours ago, knich said:

GSX works great.  In sim, each time I want to bring up pop up, I have to double click on GSX. 

Anyone know how to activate pop-up on single click?  In youtube videos, I see single click.

Thanks.

If you have a stream deck, check the GSX profiles on flightsim.to no more menus and increases realism so much! You will need Lorbys AAO also, but worth every penny.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

10 hours ago, virtuali said:

But that's an automatic feature of the sim! When you exit a flight and left a toolbar menu active, it will automatically open it again on the next flight, on the premise if you left it active, you want to use it at every flight.

That's another reason why the workflow suggested in the manual is telling you to "Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services", so it will not automatically open on the next flight.

The menu is supposed to close (but remaining active) each time you select an option, that's how GSX always worked and it has been made like this, in order to not take valuable space on screen when you don't need it. 

That's normal, and that's why there's an Hotkey! If the menu is already Active ( which is how is supposed to be when it's closed from the X icon, the Hotkey or automatically ), if you use the mouse again to re-open it, you will have to click twice, because the first click with Deactivate the already-Active icon.

Basically, the first time you open it when it's not Active ( dark icon ), you must use the mouse but, as long is Active ( light icon), you should always use the Hotkey to open it again.

I understand now.  It all makes sense.  Thank you.  I will create hotkey per rjack suggestion.

8 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

If you have a stream deck, check the GSX profiles on flightsim.to no more menus and increases realism so much! You will need Lorbys AAO also, but worth every penny.

I don't have stream deck...looks pretty cool though.