Sign in to follow this  
Cristian Alonso

FS2004 Stopped Working : MSVCR70.dll

Can you help me to find the source of this problem? Every time I finish a flight and I want to close the sim, I close it normally, but then it instantly reopens by itself, and looking at the problem log I get this:

OS:W10 and I run the sim with w7 compatibility and it works perfect ,except for the above mentioned...

( it's a bit heavy, because every time I close it I have to close it twice and I don't know why this happens, I only have installed some add-ons : PMDG,LEVELD,ActiveCamera,Fspassenger,IvaoPilot,FsRecorder.)

I have tried to reinstall everything but without success, I do not know where is the origin of this problem.

🥺

Description
Path of the application with errors: C:\Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

Problem signature
Problem event name: APPCRASH
Application name: fs9.exe
Application version: 9.1.0.40901
Application timestamp: 4135a208
Buggy module name: MSVCR70.dll
Buggy module version: 7.0.9466.0
Module timestamp with errors: 3c36e574
Exception code: c0000005
Exception offset: 00007920
Operating system version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.0.256.48
Regional Configuration ID: 3082

Additional information about the problem
Repository ID: f82104dfd2a4aaeade50ae91e608ad72 (389871291)

spacer.png

I don't know what causes these DLL failures but I have a basic install of FS9 that I use as a source of good DLLs. I just paste the required DLL into my working install and we are okay for a while.

I have discovered that Win7 Pro 64-bit will happily run FS9 with no compatibility settings just "Run this program as an administrator".

Just a thought.

David

Sorry - just realised that you are using W10 so Win7 info is probably no use to you.

Cannot find how to delete the post either.

Edited by Solomod
  • Like 1

Hi Cristian, does this happen after flying any of the Wilco Airbuses? If so, it's a bug they never wanted to fix: their gauges never played well with 64-bit systems. Even in Win 11 I still get them.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I have some old notes about the Wilco airbus CTD:

If you experience strange behavior or CTD (crash to desktop):
Delete the "fmgc.cfg" file located in the \FeelThere\Airbus\Fmgc\A320 directory.
Another one will be created automatically at your next flight.
Removing this file is especially important if you have updated the navigation database with a different AIRAC cycle.

Graeme Butler

15 hours ago, Solomod said:

I don't know what causes these DLL failures but I have a basic install of FS9 that I use as a source of good DLLs. I just paste the required DLL into my working install and we are okay for a while.

I have discovered that Win7 Pro 64-bit will happily run FS9 with no compatibility settings just "Run this program as an administrator".

Just a thought.

David

Sorry - just realised that you are using W10 so Win7 info is probably no use to you.

Cannot find how to delete the post either.

Thank you very much for your reply , I followed the suggestions of a friend in the FS2004 FB Group to try to run it in w10 compatibility mode ( ie remove the w7 mode and let it run with native w10 )  and administrator only , it seems to have worked and also copy the  .dll of the problem to downloading some new copies and copy it to : Windows Windows&sysWOWOW64 , and since then the problem has not happened to me anymore.  😃

9 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Hi Cristian, does this happen after flying any of the Wilco Airbuses? If so, it's a bug they never wanted to fix: their gauges never played well with 64-bit systems. Even in Win 11 I still get them.

Emmm no, I don't have Wilco installed on my system (I know how many problems there are and that's why I don't even dare to install them) 😅, it seems to solve the problem, in the answer I give to David I put the supposed solution I found

Edited by Cristian Alonso

spacer.png