Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSX and nHancer still usefull...?

Up to now I always used nHancer to setup my 8800GTX because with some settings I could use the ingame FSAA and change other stuff which supposedly would let FSX run better: you had to delete the nVidia preset and make your own.Today I installed the latest official nVidia drivers for Vista (163.69) and I got an error when nHancer loaded. So I reinstalled the drivers AND nHancer but when I tried to delete the FSX preset I got a message this is no longer possible...Does nHancer still give me advantages over the nVidia control panel or should I forget about nHancer altogether...? How do you setup your 8800GTX in Vista (32 bit) now?

Just download the newest nHancer version released Oct 3rd, that'll take care of it.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The new 163 series drivers added a checksum that makes it so you can't change the default Nvidia profiles. (why I have absolutely no idea)Here's the workaround with the new 2.3.1 nHancer:1. Find the "MS Flight Simulator 2004" or "MS Flight Simulator X" entry, highlight it and press the duplicate button. This disables the old profile and creates a new one.2. Delete the duplicate that was just created (again, why I have no idea, but you can't clear the AA Enhance Only flag until you do this)3. Now create a new profile from scratch using the Add button, point it to FS9.exe or FSX.exe depending on which one you're setting up and everything should work fine as far as AA now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ahh, good to know the new version of nHancer is out. Just to add, while checking recent additions to my AI collection using FSRepaint from Abacus, I had no AA in the preview window. I then added the executable "fsrepaint.exe" to my FS profile in nHancer. This single nHancer flightsim profile now lists fs9.exe, fsx.exe, and fsrepaint.exe, all working in unison. No more jaggies in FSRepaint to boot.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

A quick question or two...I just installed enhancer today. Do you have to uninstall the nvidia control panel for it to work properly? I just right clicked it and made it exit, removed it from my startup via msconfig, and have nhancer running. Will this suffice?Also if you someone has time, do you have recommended settings for the less known settings, like texture clamp...etc...etc..all but aniso and antialiasing.thanksDanon -

>A quick question or two...>>I just installed enhancer today. Do you have to uninstall the>nvidia control panel for it to work properly? I just right>clicked it and made it exit, removed it from my startup via>msconfig, and have nhancer running. Will this suffice?Don't think it matters since nHancer is changing the profile themselves in the registry. I just use nHancer to modify the profiles and then exit it.>Also if you someone has time, do you have recommended settings>for the less known settings, like texture>clamp...etc...etc..all but aniso and antialiasing.Search for "nHancer" and my name or Ryan's in the Hardware sub-forum. You'll find what you need there. If you're still stuck, follow-up here and we'll get it straight.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE