Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Any ideas on how to make Cockpit Sharper???

Hey guys,

I finally had some time after all these years to play around with MSFS 2020 (even though I was one of the very first beta testers).  Is there any on how to make the cockpit sharper? I have Nvidia RTX 2070 Super and Quest 2.  I am getting the FPS boost with OpenXR.

Tried TAA at 100-115 and even DLSS.  Quest 2 is set to 72hz with SS set to 1.1 in the Oculus Software

It is okay but not as good as Xplane-12.  I can really the G1000 in Xp12 like it is in front of me.

Tips and tricks will be appreciated.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Open XR Toolkit and use FSR sharpening. I found that made a noticeable improvement in sharpness for me in the cockpit using Pico 4. Could be worth exploring.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Try the DLAA option under the Nvidia DLSS selector in settings (not the standalone one, as that's some awful hardware agnostic version) then add a bit of sharpening on top. DLAA is essentially DLSS without the upscaling element, the one that slightly blurs the image. So it just cleans up the image really well for a sharper, crisper look. It's superior to TAA.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts.

I tried DLAA but apparently it is slightly blurrier than TAA.  Now I did increase FSR sharpening to pretty much 100%.  I will share the screenshots of settings today

I am able to get 30fps solid in VR with FSReborn's Sting S4 (probably is ultimate VR plane due to open canopy) flying over L52 to JustFlight's KSBP (San Luis).  I am on the PE network.  On monitor mode it is like solid 60fps+ as my monitor is 60hz anyway

Worse is the ingame menus - I can not read it at all.  

I just there was a settings only for Cockpit only.  Asobo should do that.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)