Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Starting MSFS Vr without starting mixed reality home.

HI everyone, a long time ago I came across a post explaining how to switch to MSFS VR mode without seeing the mixed reality home or those 'stars'.

I had my setup working like that; but recently (because of a corrupted gaming services update), I had to reinstall windows 11 and MSFS. 

I am slowly reconfiguring things to the way I had them but can't find the information explaining the steps and files to edit for starting without Mixed reality home.

Any guidance how to do this or how to find the post would be appreciated.

I have tried Google search but so far, no luck. 

Thanks in advance.

Robin

I have been down the road trying to disable those and it causes other unwanted problems.  You must disable a system file (only after getting special ownership/admin privileges to edit this file). Then doing that will trigger an annoying Windows message which says “we’re working on it”, and it won’t go away.  It causes Windows to think that your MR Portal has become corrupted.  Not worth the hassle.  

If you still want to try it, search in the offical flightsimulator.com forum. You’ll find it there.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

5 hours ago, joby33y said:

I have been down the road trying to disable those and it causes other unwanted problems.  You must disable a system file (only after getting special ownership/admin privileges to edit this file). Then doing that will trigger an annoying Windows message which says “we’re working on it”, and it won’t go away.  It causes Windows to think that your MR Portal has become corrupted.  Not worth the hassle.  

If you still want to try it, search in the offical flightsimulator.com forum. You’ll find it there.  

Thank you for responding. I have already made the changes (a few days ago). 

Like I said, before I had to reinstall Windows 11pro and MSFS, this is the way I had things configured, I never had any problems.

Since I made the changes this time, I have not had any problems either.

The 'we are working on it', message only appears as I put on the headset. (The point at which MR Home would normally appear). I then activate MSFS VR mode. I am then instantly switched to VR and I never see the 'we are working on it' message again till I switch back to 2D mode with the headset on. (The point at which MR home would normally re appear).

I have heard of some folks having problems after making the changes. I guess I am just fortunate not to have had any issues. I am using a HP G2, don't know if that makes a difference.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. 

• Upvote 1

Robin

I've got as platform thing in my WMR "home", can't remember how I got it though 🤔 😄

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Take ownership and rename EnvironmentsApp.exe. I’ve run this way for a long time. No issues.

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58