Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Question about QW BAE-146/Avro RJ Speed Please

I have no problem flying Quality Wings BAe 146s & AVROs in many flights using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I have one unusual problem as seen below.

In one flight per 8 successful flights, after touching down on runway, the engines refused to reduce speed to zero even I used throttles to cut down speed to zero yet the plane kept going on at 120kt crashing through end of runway. I checked to be sure the autospeed is off and I even turned off autopilot in hope to make the engines cut down the speed to zero but no luck.

Any solution for that, please???

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

What are you using as a controller?  Does this happen on any other aircraft besides the Quality Wings?  Are the engines still at full speed?  Idle should be an N1 of about 24%.  What is the N1 reading?

(same as I posted over at the other site!)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think it might be the (excuse my imprecision) engine computer. If it is still in Dec(ent) instead of T/O, it will inhibit the throttles reducing below a certain RPM (to keep the hydraulics hydraulicing and generators generating. 

Edited by RichieFly
moar
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

20 hours ago, charliearon said:

What are you using as a controller?  Does this happen on any other aircraft besides the Quality Wings?  Are the engines still at full speed?  Idle should be an N1 of about 24%.  What is the N1 reading?

Satiek X-52

Never happened to me before for all other freeware and payware model bases

The engines are at runway approach speed (130 kt).  I was too busy concentrating on trying to stop the plane on runway to notice N1 reading.  I was focusing on reading the speedometer that remained at 130 kt even the throttles were shut off and the autospeed button indicated off. I even turned off autopilot in hope to get engines kill the speed. That trick failed to work.  Strange that it happened during only one flight in every eight successful flights.  Weird.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

16 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I think it might be the (excuse my imprecision) engine computer. If it is still in Dec(ent) instead of T/O, it will inhibit the throttles reducing below a certain RPM (to keep the hydraulics hydraulicing and generators generating. 

What can I do to solve the problem please?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

It's been awhile since I've flown, but I think the checklist item is to select T/O or GA as part of the before landing items.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

13 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I think the checklist item is to select T/O or GA as part of the before landing items.

Really?? This is required for Quality Wings BAE/Avro jets???  How come I had no problems with the plane's touchdown and speeding down to zero in many flights except one flight per each 8 successful flights??

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg