Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Spot View

HiWhen spot view is used, the eye point is centered on the tail of the aircraft allowing you to pan around and zoom in and out which we all know. What I get from time to time is my spot view eye point is like my face is right on top of the aircraft tail. I have zoomed out as far as it will go which is 30. When I taxi is when I use spot view the most.How can I correct this problem if indeed it is in fact a problem or just me not getting the camera right? Pls see my attached pic. Sorry for it being at night, but I'm setting up a flight from LAX to Sydney.If I am doing something odd when I cycle thru the views, is there a way to increase the eyepoint further back from the aircraft tail? I'm thinking yes, useing the camera config file, but don't really know how or what I would be looking for.Thanks to all who see this post.Ernest

Try Ctrl and (+/- Keys) when in the external spot viewManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You can adjust the camera's position using the same keys you would use to adjust the "seat" in the VC.Shift-EnterShift-BackspaceCrtl-Shift-EnterCtrl-Shift-BackspaceCtrl-EnterCtrl-Backspace

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ernest,Getting used to the new camera system is a bit confusing... but a little more clarification beyond the previous replies.The plus/minus keys are "optical" ZOOM, shall we say; it applies to all views, and effectively adjusts the MAGNIFICATION or field of view. It does NOT move the viewpoint.In the Spot views - catagory "outside" in the camera definitions - the Camera DISTANCE from the aircraft is adjusted with the Ctrl +/- (as Manny pointed out) while elevation and direction are normally controlled with the tophat. Spot views are characterized by a Horizon that remains "level" or a view that is locked with the horizon.Cockpit views are "locked" on the Aircraft and it remains fixed in the view and the Horizon MOVES. You still look around with the tophat but you MOVE with the 6 key combinations that Bill listed.The custom views - inside and outside - that are locked on the aircraft ( left seat, instruments, left wing, landing gear etc) are, you will notice, locked on the aircraft rigidly just like the Cockpit views AND ALL MOVEMENT OF THE CAMERAS IN THAT MODE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE COCKPIT. These are found both in Cockpit and Aircraft Catagories but they are the same kind of Cameras and are manipulated the same way.This also means it takes longer to move back away from the AC in the aircraft views to get to a comfortable distance. That was frustrating for me but there are two easy solutions: Those custom views are always in the AC config file and are easily adjusted to your preferences.Customize the AIRCRAFT views with:InitialXyz = 0, 2.0, -30.0 // dist in meters - ORDER is Y,Z,X compared to aircraft: centerline, 2m high, 30m back for this tail view.InitialPbh = 5, 0, 0 // pitch,bank,heading (degrees): 5

Hi Ernest,A little more information would be useful.Is this how it always looks for this aircraft?Did you accidentally hit the "A" key while in spot view, and thereby bring up a different view?Which aircraft is this happening to?Have you made any modifications to the cameras?You said "sometimes"? What does "sometimes" mean? (see question 1 above)If in fact sometimes the view is like this and sometimes the view is what you would expect for spot view, do you have any clue what you were doing when the view switched to this format?Have you tried hitting the "A" key to cycle through the different external views in the spot view menu?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

In looking at your picture, I assume the plane is question is the default B747-800?I checked out all its default cameras associated with the cycling, and none of the views look like yours.It's hard to tell, but that does not look one of the default paints. Perhaps one of the repaints you installed also had you install some new cameras in the aircraft.cfg file?Otherwise, I don't have a clue what would cause this.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Thanks to all who posted about this. It is a repaint of the default 747-400. I think I may have been hitting the wrong key stroke, because I've not had this problem at present time. However, looking into the config files is a good idea. Thanks again.Ernest