Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A380X | Wingflex II

Hi there,

A lot of work was recently done to make that beast of a plane as much alive as it can be visually, so you can really feel you have the real plane in front of you. While we developed a completely new wing flex system, we also added some more details that we hope you’ll like!

In this first clip, you can see we added a surface vibration model that will shake plane elements when you cross a tarmac patch or….. overrun the runway.

The massive stabiliser (almost the wing span of an A320…) will react to those vibrations, but furthermore it will bend from aerodynamic forces of the elevator surfaces. The whole aft cone structure of the plane will also have a torsional stress from the rudder aerodynamic forces. 

And of course, the new wing flex system is reacting to fuel mass. If you look really close, you could probably guess where is the fuel only by looking at the wing shape. This will eventually be noticeable as on the real airplane, where the fuel management system transfers fuel on the inner part, or to the exterior part of the wing depending on the flight phase.

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 15

FlyByWire Simulations

Oh my with those details 😍. You guys nailed it!!

So I guess we will be fly the experiential A380 version soon? 😂

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Loving these physics and integrations with the various systems... That's my favorite window seat view in front of the wings every time I fly IRL as a passenger in this beast, and that first video is so very close the real experience!

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD