Sign in to follow this  
demontraitor

Pilot2ATC no longer showing Traffic Global

2 hours ago, kuba_87 said:

Hi Dave, thanks for the update. I have just tried this. Set the timer to 120s and went off to EDDM

Had an aircraft on the runway lining up in front and another one right at short final. Both aircraft got ignored and i got cleard for takeoff right away.. I was expecting to either wait for the departing aircraft to clear the runway or / and wait for the approaching aircraft.

any helpful log or so i can provide?

PS. since a few updates ago, p2atc somehow strangly changes com1 to com2 for no reason. No a big proble as i can change it back, its just irritating, didnt do this before

I set the timer to 30 seconds for GA airport and I had the identical traffic as you. It worked perfectly.

Please send the P2A log file for that flight to admin@p2atc.com.  It might help troubleshoot that specific situation.

P2A Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

Some aircraft have the Com switches reversed from what P2A expects and others have more than 2 Com Channels.  There is an option in Config to "Reverse Com Channels" on the P2A Setup tab that you can try to see if that fixes the Com Channel issue.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

31 minutes ago, kuba_87 said:

That sounds promising. Are you using the latest traffic global and xp12.06b1?

XP11 and its AI traffic.

As long as the traffic is visible on the map, then it should work, since that indicates that P2A is aware of it and knows its location and altitude.  I assume that kuba_87 saw the traffic on P2A's map.  Is that correct?

Hello Dave,

okay that makes sense @Ramberga. That is a different case then

@Dave-Pilot2ATC Yes traffic is visible on the map. Although typically i am not actively visualizing it (hitting that blue and red aircraft icon). I am assuming this is cosmetics only?

I have just now send you an email with the log.

Version 2.7.0.0 Beta 5 has been released and has the fixes for takeoff clearance and traffic should be seen by ATC even if Traffic display on the map is not enabled. 

When in doubt, turn on traffic display and be sure that the program is getting information about the traffic.  

Dave