Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Is there a way to fix an ILS?

Greetings fellow simmers,The ILS for Rwy 16R at KSMF is not aligned with the runway. Is there a way to fix this? I remember KPDX had the same problem in FS9 and someone fixed it. So, I was hoping for similar resolution for this problem. The intent of this post is not intended to imply I am usually aligned with the subject Rwy or any other Rwy for that manner. I just want the sim to be correct.;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Call the ILS Repair Man, it's 555-1546 ;-)Are you sure it'n not supposed to be off, I wonder if some ILSs are off to avoid obstacles, there are some like that in FS-Norway i think.Eagle

Hi Eagle,No, I think it is supposed to be aligned with the runway. At least it was when they built it years ago. I used to fly into that airport a lot in years past and have flown that approach hundreds of times. Good point though. There are ILS localizers that do not line up with the runway. Juneau, AK is a good example. That one is a non-precision (no GS) approach with step down altitudes and a pretty good turn at the last minute to line up with the runway. Fun!