Sign in to follow this  
torque2

33% off X-Plane 12 on Steam

Until July 13th, X-Plane 12 is available on Steam for 33% off.

I was planning to buy it from x-plane.com but now I'm in a quandary.  With the favourable exchange rate Steam offers this is over 40% off for Canadians!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David, CYXE

Good point - any one have experience with the Steam Version and if most / all Addons work ok ?

With the abandonment of developers concerning add-ons for P3D v6 (which I won't buy), I decided to try X-Plane 12. I'm a Canadian, too, and I bought XP12 through Steam because of the sale.

I've only bought one add-on so far, X-Camera (quite similar to ChasePlane!), and it works fine in the Steam version of XP12. I've also downloaded some free scenery, and again, no issues.

I'm planning on buying some aircraft eventually--for example, the FlyJSim Q4SP looks excellent--so I may have more to say, but all indications are that there is no real difference between XP12 and Steam XP12.

Edited by JRMurray
  • Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Theres some great addons for X-Plane - Ive been using XP11 and now 12 pretty extensively for the last few years - check out the Aerobask P300 (works in XP12 now) - and just got the Tolis A319. (Hotstart TBM900 very good but only XP11 until they update it)

Also StickandRudder who makes X-Camera also released X-Keypad fairly recently -it makes a really good interface between X-plane and hardware like the StreamDeck - lots of configs available too - I made a few including for the P300 - (works in any stock XP G1000 plane too with small mod to clear the Aerobask datarefs) - check out this link - https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/87223-stream-deck-plus-aerobask-phenom-p300-g1000/

Edited by julian46
  • Like 1

When I used XP11 I bought it through steam and never had any issues with addons.  It was the same program but it just sat in my steam folder structure.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU