Sign in to follow this  
toprob

Godzone going-out-of-business sale

My online Store will close sometime on Monday 3rd July, New Zealand time. Until then, everything* in the Store is NZ$5, which is about US$3. 

*The current scenery products are NZCH Christchurch Intl Airport, NZDN Dunedin Airport, for FSX and P3D up to v5, and NZTI Taieri Airport for MSFS. As downloads will remain available till the end of the year, I hope to extend support to Prepar3d V6 if possible. The site will remain at least until the end of the year for support and redownloads. SimMarket will continue to carry my scenery until I work out a plan to finish there as well. However this sale is my own store only.

There are a lot of reasons why I'm shutting up shop, I have been making New Zealand scenery for over 20 years now, and there's been a few things which have made it more and more difficult to complete projects. I'm now 67 years old and it's been 14 years since I got my mechanical heart valve, which means 14 years of heart medication. Covid took a big hit on my ability to visit airports for photos etc, and this hasn't really changed any now. MSFS was the sim which I always wanted to see, but the market has changed enough that it means that without access to the MS Marketplace it is difficult to reach the new users. 

It's now been three years since I applied for access to the Marketplace, but it seems that smaller developers like me are not getting in. I know that Microsoft have a great sim which will continue to flourish, but I do hope at some point that they open up the Marketplace to smaller developers. Too late for me, probably, (if they rang next week, I'd be more than happy to complete a few projects over the next few years) but there are a lot of one-man-band developers who have plenty to offer.

My first support forum was here years ago, and Avsim has always been the community which offered the most, along with NZFF, the New Zealand flightsim forum, which has been my second home for 15 years.

I'd sum up the last 20 years as 'mostly fabulous', I never thought I'd end up doing flightsim scenery full-time, but I've loved being able to show my New Zealand to the world's simmers. Cheers!

Robin
Godzone Virtual Flight

• Like 9

Sorry to see you leave but thank you for your contributions to this hobby and making your scenery available before shutting down for good. 

Orman

Thanks a lot, Robin, for your great contribution to flight simulation. Your NZ airports are fabulous! Too bad you did not (yet) get access to MSFS Marketplace. Let‘s hope they will not miss this chance!

• Upvote 1

Felix

Your work is impressive, the attention to detail and the selection of the airports show great precision and transports us to the site. The natural beauty of New Zealand makes it easier because it is a beautiful place, but the effort and dedication in each of your products is enormous.

Regardless of the path you take, your excellent work will live and will always be remembered, thank you so much.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2