Sign in to follow this  
Captain Marcel

Waypoints Duplicated in SIDS

Thank you.  While I expect the problem to still be there... the 172 is the simplest aircraft and thus removes the off chance that it's something Carenado related.  To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with Carenado... 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You are welcome , Ed the P3D V3 don't have Cessna 172 as default , unfortunately,  will be that can be issue with windows update ? Because my windows 10 isn't updated , but I can update if necessary 

The 172 from FSX would have worked as well... however.. Try doing this:

1 - Locate the G1000.ini file in the "Mindstar\Flight Simulator Addons\" folder and open it in a text editor.

2 - Find the"[G1000]" section in the file.

3 - If there is an entry for "USE_TERRAIN_DATABASE" in that section, make its value after the equal sign "NO",otherwise...

4 - Add "USE_TERRAIN_DATABASE=NO" as an entry in the "[G1000]" section.

Do NOT add quotes... they're just for clarity in this post.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed , I did exactly that, but when I try to save it gives me a message saying that I am not authorized to open this type of file.  It asks me to contact the owner of the file

You have to run your notepad (assuming you're using notepad) in admin mode.  Your file access is blocked from you, for your own protection.  Thankfully, Microsoft is working hard to protect you.

So... 

1 - Open Start menu and type ‘Notepad’.

2 - Right click on the program that appears in the search results, and click ‘Run as Administrator’.

3 - You will need to click ‘allow’ when the User Account Control box pops up.

Now you will have to use Notepad's File|Open command to open a dialog and navigate to where the G1000.ini file is located.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thank you very much for the explanation, Now everything works and no error messages, Thank you , thank you Ed 😊 God bless you , you made me very happy

Happy it's working for you.

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69