Sign in to follow this  
Strahinja_2

Is there a way to still play this game? :(

I know it's old and abandoned game but it's still my favorite flight game I've ever played. Is there a way to install this thing in 2023? 😞

Thanks in advance, I know there still must be someone around who still plays this. 🙂 

I would like to experience this game once again but now on maxed out settings in some ridiculous 8K upscaled resolution. 😄 

1 hour ago, Strahinja_2 said:

I know it's old and abandoned game but it's still my favorite flight game I've ever played.

Why ?.....

Jan

41 minutes ago, Javiz said:

Why ?.....

It's like driving an old MGA!

2 hours ago, Strahinja_2 said:

I know it's old and abandoned game but it's still my favorite flight game I've ever played. Is there a way to install this thing in 2023? 😞

Thanks in advance, I know there still must be someone around who still plays this. 🙂 

I would like to experience this game once again but now on maxed out settings in some ridiculous 8K upscaled resolution. 😄 

I definitely get the nostalgia element, but just in the 1 in 1,000 chance you are a casual user that enjoyed MS Flight but don’t follow recent developments, are you aware that MS has an entirely new version of Flight Simulator that is essentially MS Flight on steroids - than runs in 8k, etc…? If not, you are in for an awesome surprise: MS Flight Simulator

If you are aware and just want to relive the magic of MS Flight - just curious what it was that you enjoyed, since so many people were disappointed with the release.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TuFun said:

It's like driving an old MGA!

Hi Ted ! How are you my friend ? Long time no see.

MGA, oh yeah ! You know i have a MG-TD, right ?.. 😎 

Jan

22 hours ago, enright said:

If you are aware and just want to relive the magic of MS Flight - just curious what it was that you enjoyed, since so many people were disappointed with the release.

I certainly was too of course but still I'm a bit with Strahinja_2. I can't name any FS event i can't get out of my mind or it must be my first ever encounter with FS which was Sublogic FSII on a Commodore 64 and particular the two small books the came with it and taught me about VOR, OBI, ADF, DME, etc. Pure magic for me ! ( i suppose that's why i never got into GPS that much let alone FMC.. 😉 )

One thing though that DOES stand out and i'll always remember ! It happen to be with MS Flight indeed. Don't know the name anymore of the 'assignment' (if that was what they were called..) but it was a flight with the Vance RV-10 and a photographer/astronomer as passenger. I was to take him up thru the overcast so he could take photos of an astronomical event that was about to take place. Never ever have i seen and felt in ANY other FS version the sheer realism of flying thru the clouds and especially climbing slowly out of the murk with the sun shimmering thru the last clouds and making some scratches on the canopy glitter and sparkle as we finally hit the big blue yonder. Like i said Magic i have never seen before in any flightsim prog and never have seen after that anymore and certainly not in MS FlightSimulator 2020 neither.

On the contrary, IMHO flying thru the clouds has never been an item to write home about in any FS version until MSFlight came about ! To begin with waaaay too slow ! No sense of the fairly significant speed we're suppose to be flying at at all. Not in a172 and not in a 747 or even in a jetfighter. Flying thru the clouds in any FS version including MSFS is just a dull uninteresting event that has nothing to do with the real world version. Unlike that one time in MSFlight !!

Oh, and talkin about speed in any FS version including MSFS (you'd think they would've finally done something about it..) compared to the way too slow passing of clouds when you fly thru them the exact opposite is thru for when flying treetop height over or along cities. Even in a Cub or 172 the groundspeed according to the whizzing by buildings and streets and stuff is waaaaaay too fast ! In a 172 it's like you're flying a prop- or even a jetfighter.

But that's all IMHO of course. The problem is i DO love to fly thru clouds and fly low over cities. 

That moment in the RV-10 with the photographer/astronomer, breaking thru the clouddeck, the outburst of the sun playing with the canopy, and the speed of the last whizzing by shreds of clouds with MSFlight was truly unforgettable. Must say i also loved the way the Boeing Kaydet flew in MSFlight. It certainly had great potention, a great pity MS made such a mess of it. 

I wouldn't mind installing MSFlight and just do that astro event again ! 😉 

Cheers,
jan

Edited by Javiz

Jan

I have this installed and working, but don't know is it still installable so that's why I'm keeping it. I have moved to MSFS 2020 few years ago and think many Flight users have too.

But for time to time I load it up to feel how wonderful it was and even now, is.

-eelis-