Sign in to follow this  
Sparkrite

ASP6 will not connect to P3DV6

Same issue here: I just update to the latest version (B8600 I think) and it will not connect to P3Dv6. I tried reverting to the previous working version, but that now fails as well. Uninstalled/reinstalled too, but at the moment ASP6 is not connecting. What happened here? Standard folder structure and naming scheme. Not sure what else there is to do except wait...

cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, Chocorua said:

Same issue here: I just update to the latest version (B8600 I think) and it will not connect to P3Dv6. I tried reverting to the previous working version, but that now fails as well. Uninstalled/reinstalled too, but at the moment ASP6 is not connecting. What happened here? Standard folder structure and naming scheme. Not sure what else there is to do except wait...

cheers,

Greg

Yep, very frustrating, never had this problem before with previous versions. I know it's a BETA version, but c'mon ?? 😁

I have opened a ticket with HiFi but I hate that sort of 'closed' system of support, very slow and lacks input from other users/sufferers .

Edited by Sparkrite

FYI; I was able to get version 8598 working again by (I guess) installing the program to another location rather than go with the default C:\Program Files\xxx folder. I hesitate to try V8600 though, so I'll stay with this for now. I also saw the same error message about the add-ons folder not being valid...I clicked past it and the connector installer did its thing. 

Edited by Chocorua
Added info about the install.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks for that @Chocorua, at least you got it working again. I never did!!

I click past the 'not valid' msg. as well and then install the connector into the default 'Prepar3D v6 Add-ons" folder.

If I don't uninstall the prg. any subsequent installs/overlays do not complain about it not being a valid location.

Everyone:  There is a specific place to post bugs and obtain support.  This isn't it.  We can't help properly if you don't communicate with us or use the proper channels.  We have many users not having any of these issues, and we can't even begin to speculate what the problem is without proper information/logs/error details.  It could be a bug/unforeseen issue with your configuration or other add-ons.  Who knows.  But we can't even begin to look at this unless you share your info with us.  So if you would like this to be resolved, please do share that info.  It would also be a shame to miss the opportunity to resolve this obviously rare issue before we officially release, which is coming very soon.

Support tickets do require a little time for a response.  If you provide all the info required/requested, resolutions are relatively quick.

Also: You do not need to uninstall ASP6 before installing a new update on top.  

Bug reports/forums: http://forums.hifisimtech.com
Support tickets: http://hifisimtech.zendesk.com

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you for your input @Damian Clark , I have indeed raised a ticket and within a few minutes of being requested to

submit some logs, I duly complied and submitted same.

Since then (approx. over 30 hours ago from now) there has been total silence.

Not even a response to acknowledge receipt of said logs, never mind an update .

So maybe you can appreciate why some people (including myself) may choose to post here, generally they

get, at least, some interaction from, sometimes yourself and other times from AS users which may well solve the problem

they are experiencing.

Edited just to add, that I am extremely open to working with you to try and resolve this issue.

Edited by Sparkrite

I'm not finding your ticket.  Please provide ticket ID #?

Damian Clark

1 hour ago, Damian Clark said:

I'm not finding your ticket.  Please provide ticket ID #?

SOLVED !!

A handy 'fix'...for some reason (as I normally do) I was not running P3D with admin priv. once I did ASP6 came alive

and as far as I can see all is well.

So, at least that's something , I suppose....👍

BTW the ticket number is/was #30587

Cheers, @Damian Clark

Edited to add:- Even though the addon within P3DV6 is ActiveSky in the P3DV6 addon folder it is calling and running ASP3D

from my V5.4 on startup. I have to manually shut it down and open ASP6. DOH!!

Edited by Sparkrite

Note that we did find an issue relating to add-on folder path selection and installation looping, if you uninstalled the previous build then installed 8600.  Please uninstall once more, get B8603 just posted, and the problem should be resolved.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark

2 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Note that we did find an issue relating to add-on folder path selection and installation looping, if you uninstalled the previous build then installed 8600.  Please uninstall once more, get B8603 just posted, and the problem should be resolved.  Thank you.

Seems to be working fine now except it won't auto-load (as in P3DV5) even though ActiveSky is enabled within addons.

I have to manually load ASP6 .