Sign in to follow this  
X P Flyer

GSX pro at KLAS

When using the Cathering option from the GSX Pro menu, the two right doors are opening automatically to all airports I have tried except for KLAS .At this airport, cathering trucks are static and waiting for me to open the doors in the PMDG menu. On the other airports I tried like KBOS and KIAD, doors will open and close automatically when  trucks arrive and depart.

My airplane: PMDG 737-900ER

I deleted the KLAS profile that was in the AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS

KBOS is the  third party scenary from FLYTAMPA

I am really wondering what I am doing wrong! Help will be appreciated

4 hours ago, X P Flyer said:

When using the Cathering option from the GSX Pro menu, the two right doors are opening automatically to all airports I have tried except for KLAS .At this airport, cathering trucks are static and waiting for me to open the doors in the PMDG menu. On the other airports I tried like KBOS and KIAD, doors will open and close automatically when  trucks arrive and depart.

My airplane: PMDG 737-900ER

I deleted the KLAS profile that was in the AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS

KBOS is the  third party scenary from FLYTAMPA

I am really wondering what I am doing wrong! Help will be appreciated

Door opening automatically is bound to the aircraft profile. There is a 737-900 profile coming with GSX by default, so it should work by default UNLESS you have a custom profile which overwrites the default profile. Go to the „aircraft“ folder (or whatever it is called) in the virtuali folder and delete any custom PMDG folders. There should be no PMDG/737 folders in this folder, only then the default profile will be used.

First, thaks for your answer!

I went into the Appdata>Roaming>virtuali folder where I have a few sub-folders (GSX,PackagesCache and UpdateCache sub-folders) and files. I then opened the GSX folder where I had the MSFS sub-folder and it was empty. I suppose that is where profiles would be stored and it is empty.

I didn't find any aircraft folder or something close to it. 

Sorry for my limited knowledge on that kind of issue.

Is there something else I should do?

BTW, I am still confused about the fact that the 737-900 works normally at other airports but not KLAS. If door opening is bound to aircraft profile and I am using the same aircraft in KLAS, why is it not working as in other airports?

2 hours ago, X P Flyer said:

If door opening is bound to aircraft profile and I am using the same aircraft in KLAS, why is it not working as in other airports?

When an airplane profile supports door automation, it's done by the airplane profile, when the catering truck arrives. What I don't fully understand from your post is this:

At this airport, cathering trucks are static and waiting for me to open the doors in the PMDG menu.

What do you mean with this, exactly ? Static trucks that comes with the airport surely won't have any effect on GSX, and neither PMDG Catering trucks, which are supposed to be sent away if they are present when you call GSX.

The only Catering trucks that can trigger doors, are the GSX ones. And not the ones that just "look" like GSX vehicles that has been replaced by GSX to replace the default ground vehicles (placed by the sim automatically on the airport, static or wandering around), but the proper GSX ones, called from the GSX Menu.

Edited by virtuali

Umberto, I am using the GSX cathering trucks in all airports where I am flying. However, with the Klas airport, Gsx cathering trucks do not trigger door opening and the only way  to have cathering truck animation is to  open the doors manually in PMDG Fs actions. 

I was wondering why this situation was appearing since all other airports with the same PMDG plane are ok?

Short aside, because I see you making this mistake every time the word comes up: 

There is no "h" in "Catering".

• Like 1

To all, thanks for your help. I finally solved the issue which was mainly due to my inexperience with this amazing addon