Sign in to follow this  
cgw44

HJG 727

Anybody know a way to get gps nav to work on hjg 727-100/200 early models?

I know they want total authenticity and won't provide any advice on how to make it work.

I've tried but the only thing I could do was to get the stock gps gauge to work.

Hitting the command ctrl + p doesn't work.

I got it to work on their 707 models but not the 727s.

Has to be some way.

Search in the FSX library section for "Paul Tally". I remember he made some adaptations to gauges some years ago. You might find something there.

I found Paul Tally's files, but all were for the Captain Sim 727.

If you feel comfortable creating XML gauges and editing panel.cfg, this is what I did back in 2015 for FS9:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/gps-driving-hdg.435611/post-727032

What this code does is to enable the GPS course-to-steer value to feed the heading value. This, and the AP HDG mode must be enabled so that the GPS works. I only did it for myself, because I didn't like the fact I couldn't drive the CDI. I didn't dare to release this gauge because of that fact, and because I got the Dreamfleet 727 and I no longer needed it. Let me see if I can still find these files...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

"As explained on the HJG forum"

Adding GPS NAV would require alterations to AP coding within the B727 panels and possibly supporting editing among some of the FDE related files too

It's not so straightforward as just adding a GPS

HJG's B727 panels reflect the pre-GPS era