Sign in to follow this  
Emile

V6 Installing FSForce error, please help

Hello

I try to install my FSForce in my V6 but I have some errors and I do not know how to solve;;

I do not know XML programing...

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

dd-ons\FSForce 2\[error.0]
error=AceXML Parser Error
Source: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v6 Add-ons\FSForce 2\add-on.xml
Line:   1
Column: 0
Error:  'Launch.Addon' -  (0x83600FA4)

[error.1]
Source: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v6 Add-ons\FSForce 2\add-on.xml
Line:   0
Error:   (0x83600FC1)

[error.2]
error=No add-on.xml found at location: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v6 Aadd-on.xml

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSForce DLL</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>false</ManualLoad>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FSForce 2\fsforce.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Edited by Emile
Adding some info

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

8 hours ago, Emile said:

Hello

I try to install my FSForce in my V6 but I have some errors and I do not know how to solve;;

I do not know XML programing...

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

dd-ons\FSForce 2\[error.0]
Line:   1
Error:  'Launch.Addon' -  (0x83600FA4)

[error.1]
Line:   0
Error:   (0x83600FC1)

[error.2]
error=No add-on.xml found at location: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v6 Aadd-on.xml

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSForce DLL</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>false</ManualLoad>
    </Launch.Addon>

I wrote Russell Dirks, the developer of FSForce, and he indicated to me that he is retired, and will NOT update FSForce for V6.  I was an original Beta Team member for Russell and I remember those exciting days when his software became available to the simming community.  He indicated that V6 will not support FSForce!  I use FSForce in V5.4 and it works great...beyond great!  I love my Microsoft FF2 joystick (and I have 5 of them...because they have been discontinued) and I'm prepared to use them as long as I'm a simmer.  I would love for a new developer of a force feedback program to emerge, and would absolutely love for either Microsoft or some other manufacturer to introduce a brand new technologically-advanced FF joystick.

Stan

• Like 1

Thanks Stan

Regards

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

What does this have to do with "V6 support"?? It looks like an XML parsing error. Compare the structure to other add-on.xml files.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thanks for your help Luke ...and Cheers    very positive ???🙃

That is not a proper add-on.xml file, their internal structure is completely different. This "code" looks like it should be part of the \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\exe.xml instead (if that still works in V6)

The add-on.xml should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>FSForce</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>FSForce</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>DLL</Category>
    <Name>FSForce dll</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

On 8/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Emile said:

C:\Users\User\OneDrive

I think that this could a problem too. I know that it is for other software. 

If your user data lives on OneDrive, then a local program can't access the files there (for example in \Documents\) programmatically/directly (because technically they aren't files, but web links).

If there is a general problem with that (=user data repliacted in OneDrive being inaccessible to programmatic addons or the sim) I'd suggest creating a local Discovery Path for P3D, where you then save the addon packages (instead of the path in \Documents). 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks LorbySi

Btw Win 11 does NOT accept to load your Tool...

6 hours ago, Emile said:

Btw Win 11 does NOT accept to load your Tool...

My devel system is running on Win11 too - P4AO is working just fine for me.

LORBY-SI