Sign in to follow this  
MrBlueSky

Updating AIG Models

I use AIG for aircraft models together with PSXT Traffic and RealTraffic. In order to obtain the various airline models I have been following the OCI flightplan install and update process.  I assume I only need the models and associated reg data from these flightplans and not the actual flightplans themselves.  Is there any way of just updating the models and can I remove the flightplans? Or have I got the whole process wrong in my mind?

Second question is, I run 2 client pc's for my cockpit view and PSXT synchronises the AI very well. I have assumed that I need to have identical AIG addon installations on both the server and clients.  That does mean that I have to update all 3 installations identically which is a time consuming pita.

Is there any way of not using the AIG addon on the clients and just copying the necessary AIG model folders and files from the server to the clients after updating AIG on the server?

Edited by MrBlueSky

15 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

I assume I only need the models and associated reg data from these flightplans and not the actual flightplans themselves.

You only need the models/liveries, not the regdata from the flightplans, an not the flightplans. The regdata is in the liveries.

15 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Is there any way of not using the AIG addon on the clients and just copying the necessary AIG model folders and files from the server to the clients after updating AIG on the server?

Just copy the Community\aigtraffic-oci-beta folder to all clients.

Edited by kiek

43 minutes ago, kiek said:

You only need the models/liveries, not the regdata from the flightplans, an not the flightplans. The regdata is in the liveries.

Just copy the Community\aigtraffic-oci-beta folder to all clients.

Ok thanks, copying the folder would be much easier.

If I only need the model/liveries is there an easy way just to update these without having to do the full OCI flightplan install/update and can I remove the flightplan folders & data?

3 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

If I only need the model/liveries is there an easy way just to update these without having to do the full OCI flightplan install/update and can I remove the flightplan folders & data?

Don't know, I am not downloading AIG, I get the aigtrafic-oci-beta folder regularly from a friend. But maybe  @vhaaland can answer your question.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Don't know, I am not downloading AIG, I get the aigtrafic-oci-beta folder regularly from a friend. But maybe  @vhaaland can answer your question.

Ok thank you, have pm'd @vhaaland

Edited by MrBlueSky
typo

I think the only way is to install the models and liveries using OCI the first time around. It is time-consuming, but the batch job and mark it to not download manual paints speed up the process. When that has been done, it is no problem til move the whole OCI folder with all it's content around. But when updating the OCI-folder, you should keep it untouched, as OCI might not work if you have changed to much.

I would actually suggest to ask your questions over at the AIG forums. They are the best to help with who OCI works. 

21 hours ago, vhaaland said:

I think the only way is to install the models and liveries using OCI the first time around. It is time-consuming, but the batch job and mark it to not download manual paints speed up the process. When that has been done, it is no problem til move the whole OCI folder with all it's content around. But when updating the OCI-folder, you should keep it untouched, as OCI might not work if you have changed to much.

I would actually suggest to ask your questions over at the AIG forums. They are the best to help with who OCI works. 

Many thanks for the suggestion, I will ask on the AIG forum.

It dies look like an initial batch OCI install is the only option. I did notice with the new AIG Manager UI that t h rre is now a discrete update model/livery option which will be better.