Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Question about Bravo Switches Spamming the Sim

Hi, when I look at sim events via AAOs, it seems some switches on my Bravo that are bound via the sim controls options are constantly spamming the sim. For example, one switch is bound to turn on taxi lights, and it’s constantly sending that event… several times a second. The other switches appear to be doing the same. 

Is this potentially impacting performance? Should I bind all switches through AAO? Does AAO only send one sim event to the sim on the initial button activation and reduce the spamming/load?

Or am I worried about nothing here. 

14 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Hi, when I look at sim events via AAOs, it seems some switches on my Bravo that are bound via the sim controls options are constantly spamming the sim. For example, one switch is bound to turn on taxi lights, and it’s constantly sending that event… several times a second. The other switches appear to be doing the same. 

Is this potentially impacting performance? Should I bind all switches through AAO? Does AAO only send one sim event to the sim on the initial button activation and reduce the spamming/load?

Or am I worried about nothing here. 

It isn't necessarily the switches sending surplus events, it could be the processing inside the aircraft code in general. Or another addon?

How/where are those switches bound to what at the moment?

In general, AAO only reacts to a change of the switch state, unless you specifically tell it to repeat the button action.

LORBY-SI

48 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

It isn't necessarily the switches sending surplus events, it could be the processing inside the aircraft code in general. Or another addon?

How/where are those switches bound to what at the moment?

In general, AAO only reacts to a change of the switch state, unless you specifically tell it to repeat the button action.

I have several Bravo switches bound to events using MSFS built in control options… like the taxi lights for the Kodiak 100… simple things.

Last night I was trying to find an event for a button in the VC (for the Kodiak engine bypass switch) so I used that window you have in AAO to monitor events. It immediately filled with events from these Bravo switches… they are constantly spamming the sim with events. I had to disconnect the Bravo to get rid of the spam. That got me wondering about how that might be impacting performance and if I should rebind those switches via AAO rather than let the sim do it. 

Does this device come with software? Maybe you can turn the repeating action off in the driver or something?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

25 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Does this device come with software? Maybe you can turn the repeating action off in the driver or something?

No. I don’t think so. 

Do you think it might be impacting performance at all? Should I re-bind these switches through AAO… or will AAO suffer from having all this spam just the same? I don’t know enough about how events and redundant spam are handled to know. Hope you might. 

The Bravo throttle quadrant is one of the most popular devices here, so I’m surprised this hasn’t come up before. But maybe it’s a complete non issue. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris

31 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

No. I don’t think so. 

Do you think it might be impacting performance at all? Should I re-bind these switches through AAO… or will AAO suffer from having all this spam just the same? I don’t know enough about how events and redundant spam are handled to know. Hope you might. 

The Bravo throttle quadrant is one of the most popular devices here, so I’m surprised this hasn’t come up before. But maybe it’s a complete non issue. 

I haven't heard of any trouble using the Bravo switches with AAO. But I don't have that device.

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

I haven't heard of any trouble using the Bravo switches with AAO. But I don't have that device.

I will try rebinding them - if for no other reason than to satisfy my OCD 😝

I use it in p3d (I am using the honeycomb configurator for the switches).

I am used to check for event flooding and I can insure you that this never happend to me with the Bravo throttle.

Gérard

• Like 1