Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

@Ray Proudfoot

Funnily enough I did get a reply this afternoon "There's no magic solution and the problem is with your system to which we have no knowledge" I've stated that no effort has been made to collect any info about my system but I'll be willing to offer it if they tell me what they need.

One concern is that whilst my case may be isolated with a limited number of users (Therefore not worth perusing) , if they are relying on the same code and server's for the MSFS release then they may find many more people with this issue as their customer base expands. 

@Sethos I'll take a look however this is a hell of an effort to fix a premium piece of software

• Upvote 1

@JohnH90, very valid point about potential problems with MSFS users. I doubt you’re alone.

As you have Windows 11 there is an inbuilt facility to allow a remote user to take control of your machine. Invite Lefteris or any staff member to link up and try to resolve it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot

It would be outstanding if they could do that however I need to get past the gatekeepers and have the issue taken seriously.

Thanks for the advice and listening to me vent. 

I'll keep you updated. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

@Sethos I'll take a look however this is a hell of an effort to fix a premium piece of software

Oh no I hear you and agree. It was just one of those last ditch attempt things, if they simply wouldn't come through for you. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

John, have you checked Event Viewer for any errors or warnings? I would expect there to be something recorded by Windows if something prevented an application from executing a command.

There are no warnings when Concorde is installed about needing to access something outside the firewall. Programs like Aivlasoft’s EFB require such access and you have to grant access it on installation.

I’m surprised the Concorde installation doesn’t do the same. Can you point me to your forum topic?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another user is also having flight planner problems. It will be interesting to see how that is handled.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

John, your problem is different to the other one. You get the same calculations whereas he just gets a single message saying it can’t connect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot It does look like a completely separate issue that he was having. I usually do uninstall/install both. That poster certainly got more support than I've had so far. At the moment I'm waiting for a response to my reply to the still open support ticket. I took your advise and asked for the IP address for the server as well directly asked for some technical help from one of the devs. 

Edited by JohnH90
  • Like 1

I managed to test on 3rd machine with yet another internet connection via mobile hotspot and the result is the same. Its very unlikely the issue is at my end.

Upon installing I noticed by default "no cabin" was selected. Unless they have changed this to be the default config I suggest some information about the users setup is being hosted on the FS Labs servers and some files are personalised on installation. Whatever is causing my issue is linked to my specific account and download.

Edit: This was a red herring. This gets selected depending on system VRAM.

Edited by JohnH90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@JohnH90, I see Andrew has offered to assist. Hopefully the problem can be solved and you can start enjoying your flights.

When I’ve finished installing all my airports I look forward to seeing the cabin. 24Gb of RAM should just about manage it! 🤣

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot Yes, he is guiding me through some troubleshooting tests now so hopefully sorted soon. Thanks again for the help and suggestions. 

Oh enjoy. I’m more than a little jealous with my meagre 10GB. I’ll interested to see how the aircraft is with MSFS, it thankfully handles VRAM much better than P3D. The detail they will be able to get away with should be impressive. 

• Like 1

@JohnH90, are you up and running yet? I’m still some days away from trying a Concorde flight. Having to install 150 airports is taking up all my time.

I don’t know why the cabin requires so much VRAM. My previous 1080Ti had 11Gb but even that was insufficient.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather