Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

XP-11 C172 Nose Wheel unresponsive

Virtual-Fly rudder pedals have no effect on C172 nosewheel steering while on the ground.  Pedals do produce yaw effect while plane is in the air.

I'm new to X-Plane, so I'm confident i've done something wrong.  I enabled the XP-11 Data Output and verified the rudder inputs (per the troubleshooting article); of course, I expected that to work just fine since the plane behaves correctly to pedal inputs while airborne.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Not familiar Virtual fly. Go to settings on x plane, open joystick and you maybe able to assign steering. You may try setting to default values.

Thanks for the reply! 

Unless I'm missing something, I seem to be able to assign only one function to an axis at a time (which seems correct to me anyway).  I tried both default settings (XPlane recognizes the rudder pedals) and I tried manually assigning the yaw function.  Yaw is the correct function for rudder pedals... right?!?

Apparently you're doing everything correctly.

Do you have turn control with pedals when taxing on the ground?

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

doesnt the 172 nosewheel only change direction when you are moving a bit

Is it not getting that far?

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, ncngrr said:

I do not have turning control using my pedals while taxiing on the ground.  Thanks.

Try showing these 5 data output on screen, and note their values with pedals centered / pedals at max deflection.

DBNRTsW.png

66bhXSl.png

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

14 hours ago, ncngrr said:

Thanks for the reply! 

Unless I'm missing something, I seem to be able to assign only one function to an axis at a time (which seems correct to me anyway).  I tried both default settings (XPlane recognizes the rudder pedals) and I tried manually assigning the yaw function.  Yaw is the correct function for rudder pedals... right?!?

If you have a twist joystick. good chance yaw is assigned to the joystick

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

If you have a twist joystick. good chance yaw is assigned to the joystick

I have no joystick.  Is there an easy way to see all assignments across all devices?  I can check for yaw being assigned to multiple devices causing conflict…