Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Assigning flaps lever to "Flaps axis" on Honeycomb Bravo

I have spent sooo much time trying to assign the Airbus flaps lever on the Honeycomb Throttle quadrant it is driving me up the wall. Nothing seems to work.

Is it possible or can some kind person kindly help a 81yo in distress? Also maybe with the reversers they do not work also.

Kind regards

Richard

• Like 1

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

From what I remember, flaps and other essentials was preprogrammed on the Bravo when I own it, have you installed the software for the Bravo?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Check out this guy. He usually makes it understandable for everyone and following his steps I usually succeeded all the time.

The example is for Fenix but he has them all just in case .

The reversers can be different depending on what you're flying. 

I pretty quickly got SPAD.Next to be the interface between MSFS and the Bravo. It does a much better job of handling things like reversers. The Bravo reverse detent is just a button - there's no continuation of the axis below that detent, so you have to set that button to decrease the throttle rapidly which, on most planes, will pull the engines into reverse. But you also have to set a limit on how much reverse gets dialed in on some aircraft. The Longitude, for example, has (or maybe had, if they've fixed it) a bug on my install where selecting reverse would rapidly increase reverse thrust to orders of magnitude greater than the engines could output at full forward thrust. I'd land, then get hurled backwards until it crashed. I had to limit reverse thrust to 80% to keep it from going to several thousand percent. Doing that inside of MSFS is impossible, but Spad made it easy.

49 minutes ago, rgbinns said:

I have spent sooo much time trying to assign the Airbus flaps lever on the Honeycomb Throttle quadrant it is driving me up the wall. Nothing seems to work.

Is it possible or can some kind person kindly help a 81yo in distress? Also maybe with the reversers they do not work also.

Kind regards

Richard

I use use the flaps incremental setting on my aircrafts, I don't use Airbus but I suspect it is the same, use Decrease Flaps (up) and Increase Flaps (Down) commands, but be sure you delete any settings that may be programmed on the button you want to use first.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |