Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Cannot start FSX Gold\Acceleration ?

Success!😄 Couldn't stand it,I'm addicted. Decided to give the installation another try, inserted DISC 1 and let it run, The Blue boxes began to load in the Upper left box, until it asked for DISC2, Let that run too, then asked me for activation, which I promtly punshed in, then FSX started default Flight with the Air creation_582SL on final at Friday Harbor; Of courseis all default and I have to now beggin to install my addon planes and scenery and Acceleration.

Thanks for your kind assistance:

Berlopez  

Oh! Drat! Back to the icon issue FSX won't start from it at all, getting the same message:

ERROR ID=25

(Null)

Which is what I started this topic with, Continue soon again...

Edited by Berlopez
new info

I assume  you’re installing it into the default  c/program files.? 
it might be worth a try to install into c/Fsx. Program files are protected by windows. You may have a read write issue or admin rights issue. Do you know if your pc user account has admin  rights.? Or did you right click the installer and run as admin? 
Although this may not sort your problem out, it’s always best practice to install outside of program files.

when you installed Fsx and got the default flight to work, when did the problem re-accrue -
after closing Fsx and restarting or after a system reboot?

• Like 1

Luke Pype

MaDDogz, Yes I let it install into the default, did not Right click the installer or run it as administrator. I think? And I need your advice here.

After my attemps to install, the uninstaller is NOT doing its' job and leaves FSX in its' location in Program Files (x86) Thereby also leaving the Icon on my desktop.

I am afraid by now I have 3 installation ( Yes I know I messed-up BIG) And despite attempting to uninstall via C/P The files still remain. I tried all three FSX.exe Until the last one opened up and loaded FSX. This one I copied to Desktop, but doesn't work anymore, gives me the ERROR ID=25

(Null)

Even if I try to run as Administror ?

I get a message:

Flight simulator was unabl to load some program files and will now exit.

Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the program installation. And I thought I had succeded when I managed to punch in the Activation code.(Sigh).

Berlopez

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

maDDoz, Yes I let it install by default to Program Files. Tomorrow I'll do another install to my C:\ I've been cleaning out my system fallowing the intructions given in the PMDG Link to get a clean install.

I'll report, thank you for the fallow up and advice.

Thank you CharlieAron for the link.

Berlopez

• Upvote 1

3 installs is askin for a headache 😄

yes, clean your system out.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you for a good clean install, where all disks are asked for, and all activation codes are asked for and excepted, and that you become airborne once again 😁

Luke Pype

I'll recheck my sys.clean again tomorrow, hopefuly when I do the reinstall it all goes well and through with activation, true I already have aa BIG HeadAche 🤕 A friend even suggested a windos10 reset, but I'll try the reinstall first.

Berlopez

Now stuck on FSX\Accel. reinstallation doing the sys.clean I might have deleted more folder than I ought to, in my program files(x86) I cannot find the microsoft games folder? Does it get created when I install FSX? Or should I just create a new folder ith that game Microsoft Games and in it create another folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

...Or should I simply create a folder under my C:\ FSX and install it there?

Berlopez

Do the C:\FSX and stay clear of the Program files default location.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Do all folders get created in program files and program files (x86) I haven't deleted any of these folders, only the contents.

Berlopez

1 hour ago, Berlopez said:

Do all folders get created in program files and program files (x86) I haven't deleted any of these folders, only the contents.

Berlopez

If FSX is installed to the default location just about all folders are under Program Files.  The is a folder in My Documents that has flight plans and Logbook.

Charlie Aron

The Flight Plans folder and Logbook are Not present any longer. I deleted them.

Berlopez

FSX is installed in Program Files(x86) I copied the .exe from the tree to DeskTop and start it from there. But! I have an activation issue now, after 30 mins. of flying the sim stops and I get a message to activate it...When I click on the "Ok" buttom all goes Black.  I checked my PartMng thing in the registry and it's as it should be.The only entry in Upper Filters is PartMng.

ILUcHEW.jpg

Edited by Berlopez
new info

Should be PartMgr, Bernardo!

Charlie Aron

Hello Charliearon, thanks for your reply, Knowing and having been very careful to edit the registry and fallowing carefully instruction my PartMgr was indeed spelled

partmgr,with small letters, I edited this to mistakengly PartMrg, which you just notice was wrong. Great you noticed ! I will edit this tomorrow first hand and fix everything.

Thanks a million.

Bernardo

• Upvote 1