Sign in to follow this  
mike stryczek

all the traffic active at all times

It seems to be I lost track of all the changes
I am flying mostly small airports and number of the AI's is not a problem but when I’m overflying airport I don’t see any traffic on the ground only when I land on this airport or I start from it I can see traffic on the ground even though in RT there are targets.
There used to be hidden parameter that allow me to have all the traffic active at all times, but I can’t find it anymore and clearly there is some sort of automation to delete ground traffic unless I’m sitting on the ground
I’m sorry if this is obvious but I can’t find it

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

To the best of my knowledge, ground traffic will only show as you approach your destination airport (the origin ground traffic will stay until you've travelled some distance away).

So, I believe you need to enter a destination airport in order to get ground traffic as you approach.

• Like 1

Indeed, enter your destination airport, then parking will start if you are within 25 Nm, otherwise it starst when you  ahave landed.

• Like 1

I am not talking about digitally created parking aircraft
I’m talking about the life aircraft taxing on the ground from RT
When I am traveling VFR I will be over flying many airports and I want to see the traffic taxing around
Otherwise I would have to get out of the SIM inputs the next airport then I’ll be flying over as destinations and then continue
There used to be a feature that will load live traffic on the ground within a distance of 10 miles which worked really well
I wonder if that can be brought back with hidden parameter for the obscure users

26 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:
There used to be a feature that will load live traffic on the ground within a distance of 10 miles which worked really well

No mike, that has never been in the Sim...............

What you want is technically speaking not possible, PSXT it has to load an airport file to be able to receive live traffic. For that airport file to load it needs a destination... And it cannot load more than one airport at a time.

What you do may see though, are live aircraft that are landing, but disappearing close to the ground, and aircraft taking off from say 300 ft above the ground. But no ground traffic.

if so it works that is drastic deterioration of behavior comparing to old versions
I clearly remember observing entire traffic including planes landing taking off and taxing around as I was over flying the airport
I do understand that you have your philosophy and I respect that and that probably creates priorities.
I wonder if just for a heck of it you could allow all the traffic that is in RT to be transmitted no matter what and make an qualifier that none of them go below the ground (like Vpilot)
I know it used to be like this and it worked very well
best
mike

17 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:
I clearly remember observing entire traffic including planes landing taking off and taxing around as I was over flying the airport

No, you are wrong, that only happens if you have just departed from that airport and fly over it or when you have set it as destination.

You must confuse PSXT with another program  ...

It has never been that way, and certainly not the last 5 years, so I don't know when you remember to have seen it; you are talking as if it happened over the last months..., it is even technically speaking impossible to let aircraft land when there is not airport file loaded by PSXT (that is a Simconnect issue, with measuring the altitude above gnd to make the aircraft flare, but I will not go into details)

Edited by kiek

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

No, you are wrong, that only happens if you have just departed from that airport and fly over it or when you have set it as destination.

You must confuse PSXT with another program  ...

It has never been that way, and certainly not the last 5 years, so I don't know when you remember to have seen it; you are talking as if it happened over the last months..., it is even technically speaking impossible to let aircraft land when there is not airport file loaded by PSXT (that is a Simconnect issue, with measuring the altitude above gnd to make the aircraft flare, but I will not go into details)

As Nico suggests, might it be that you're confusing PSXT with something else? Perhaps AIG TC? I recall that AIG did show more area ground traffic. I have only been using PSXT for about a year, but it has never had this feature in that time.

Edited by mmcmah

" technically speaking impossible to let aircraft land when there is not airport file loaded by PSXT"
I have a great idea
In this case what about loading all the airports within the circle of let’s say 10 miles this way the program will be able to know where to land and takeoff taxi and so on…
(It could be a terrible idea ha ha)
mike

you can still keep the precise rotation and flare behavior on destination in the Pasha Airport and the rest can be rougher since they are not observed from a short distance but from high angle.
For me disappearing and appearing aircraft around the airport is far more weird than may be somewhat rough behavior.
Just a thought
mike

7 hours ago, mike stryczek said:
" technically speaking impossible to let aircraft land when there is not airport file loaded by PSXT"
I have a great idea
In this case what about loading all the airports within the circle of let’s say 10 miles this way the program will be able to know where to land and takeoff taxi and so on…
(It could be a terrible idea ha ha)
mike

from Nico's post earlier "... And it" (PSXT) "cannot load more than one airport at a time."

So loading all airports within a 10 mile circle (5 mile radius) is not possible with PSXT as it can only load one airport at a time.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I still think that  it could be possible to let all the life traffic be represented without loading all the airports.
In Vpilot all traffic is represented from many different platforms , different sceneries and they  all pulled to the ground by some coding if they are suspended some distance they are pulled to the ground if they are underground they are forced to be correct and not submarining.
I wonder if communicating with Vpilot creators could be an idea.
On Vatsim sceneries for different users could be quite a bit different with altitude but they are somehow corrected automatically.
X plain, P 3D, MSFS, FSX all aircraft fly together and it works fine

3 hours ago, mike stryczek said:
I still think that  it could be possible to let all the life traffic be represented without loading all the airports.

Most of the PSXT users are either spotting at an airport or fly airliners. If you are at 32.000 feet it is not very interestig to see traffic on the gnd. Besides, you as a pilot are supposed to look out of the window and at your instruments (alternately), not staring at the gnd to an airport you fly over 😉  

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

One more idea (?)
If no airport destination is assigned and  no flight plan is loaded why not for the closest airport always loads and then if flight plan or destination is assigned at 20 miles out it’s prioritized
by default it would not work like this it will work as it is now and only be activated in hidden parameter so for airliners it will be a lot better since they are prioritized

What is the closest airport? That is not so easy. When flying in the greater London area for instance, you have 5 major airports ...It will generate a lot of overhead and stutters for loading these airports, one by one depending on heading.

• Like 1