Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Is there any utility to export the logbook to a map view?

Would love to see all my flights on a map. Is there anything out there that can read the logbook and do this?

use ORBX Volanta it logs your flights on a map, total miles flown ,total hrs and total fuel used. I don't think you can export previous flights. I been using it since January and use it as my logbook as The MSFS Logbook is unreliable

Edited by jason74
  • Like 4

Jason Richards

7 hours ago, jason74 said:

use ORBX Volanta it logs your flights on a map, total miles flown ,total hrs and total fuel used. I don't think you can export previous flights. I been using it since January and use it as my logbook as The MSFS Logbook is unreliable

Can you run Volanta from a networked PC? If so, I might be interested.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I don't have the link to the original MSFS forums posting for this site, but I've used this website in the past without issues.

MSGS Logbook Exporter (logbook-maps.rj.r.appspot.com)

EDIT: Found the forums link: Logbook Analyzer - General Discussion & Community Support / Tools & Utilities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by sttovo

14 minutes ago, sttovo said:

I don't have the link to the original MSFS forums posting for this site, but I've used this website in the past without issues.

MSGS Logbook Exporter (logbook-maps.rj.r.appspot.com)

EDIT: Found the forums link: Logbook Analyzer - General Discussion & Community Support / Tools & Utilities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thanks... That will just get your logbook out of the sim... is there anything that will injest the data and present it on a map?

Yes, when I did my logbook from the sim I got an html file with a map of all my flights. Look at my edit, the second link will show you what the map looks like.

However, I was trying to run it again today, since I hadn't done this since late 2022 and I can no longer find the logbook on my PC. Not sure if Asobo changed the location or it's stored server-side??

6 hours ago, sttovo said:

Yes, when I did my logbook from the sim I got an html file with a map of all my flights. Look at my edit, the second link will show you what the map looks like.

However, I was trying to run it again today, since I hadn't done this since late 2022 and I can no longer find the logbook on my PC. Not sure if Asobo changed the location or it's stored server-side??

Thanks. I’ll give it a go tomorrow. 

Volanta is amazing and free. It even let’s you store and share up to 3 screenshots per flight. 

While Sky Dolly cannot export your MSFS logbook itself it can record flights (into its own logbook: an SQLite database) for replay and also export (and import) your flights to various formats, among them KML (Keyhole Markup Language) e.g. for Google Earth:

https://flightsim.to/file/9067/sky-dolly

Sky Dolly is open source. Disclosure: I am the author.

Happy flying!

Steeler

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, fchamone said:

I just wanted to come back to this thread and give some props to the FlightLog Analyzer app. I tried it a few days ago, but got an error. I emailed support and in a few days I was given an update that solved my issue. I have a large log, over 1100 flights since 2020 and performance was great.

Well worth checking out if you want to see all your flights and map them out.

• Like 2