Sign in to follow this  
Pete F

P3D crashing constantly

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with my sim crashing? It's always done it but was more of an annoyance, but I'm currently flying circuits and can't even get a single circuit flown without it crashing.

This is P3D 5.4.9.28482 Simconnect and Aerosoft A330 Pro. I honestly don't know the first thing about Windows machines nor these flight sims, and just use all this for work.

A Google search tells me to check the Windows event log, and that seems to suggest XAudio2_4.dll is unloaded. I'm going to assume that something is calling for that driver and when not found it crashes. That's about as far as I've got and I have no idea what I can do to fix that problem, assuming that's indeed the problem?

That machine doesn't get used for anything else other than running P3D, and it's had this issue (albeit not as frequently) since day 1.

Any help on a fix would be very welcome 

Edit: One thing I had noticed and seemed odd, is the Options => Sound box is unchecked, despite the sound being on. If I check the box, there's no audible change, and if I then uncheck it, the audio mutes. Since posting I tried flying a circuit with no audio, and that seemed to be fine. I rebooted the machine and re-started P3D and the box is again unchecked by default (audio is however heard). Not sure if any of that is related and/or somehow normal, but figured it may be related

Edited by Pete F

23 minutes ago, newtie said:

Does this occur with other aircraft?

Sorry I don't know. I fly the A330 in real life and this is just a tool I use for work.

I've had it running for over an hour now with that Audio Box ticked and it seems to be behaving. I'll leave in the takeoff position with the engines running all night and see if it's still running in the morning

7 minutes ago, Pete F said:

I'll leave in the takeoff position with the engines running all night and see if it's still running in the morning

Hmm, those RR Trents wont like idling for so long, even more so if you have the Pratt & Whitney PW4000's .

You might get away with it if equipped with General Electric CF6-80E engines. 😁😁😁

41 minutes ago, Pete F said:

Sorry I don't know. I fly the A330 in real life and this is just a tool I use for work.

I've had it running for over an hour now with that Audio Box ticked and it seems to be behaving. I'll leave in the takeoff position with the engines running all night and see if it's still running in the morning

By testing with another aircraft, it will tell you whether the problem you have is systemic or airplane specific.

I had this ctd too with XAudio2_4.dll. I uninstalled RAAS (FS2Crew) which came with the plane. I think the dll belongs to this. After uninstalling, my ctds were gone. 

If you want RAAS a new install may fix it.

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

3 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

Hmm, those RR Trents wont like idling for so long, even more so if you have the Pratt & Whitney PW4000's .

You might get away with it if equipped with General Electric CF6-80E engines. 😁😁😁

Yeah I did have to confirm I had enough fuel before heading off to bed 😉 As it happened I had 30 tonnes on, so we're good so far!

3 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

I had this ctd too with XAudio2_4.dll. I uninstalled RAAS (FS2Crew) which came with the plane. I think the dll belongs to this. After uninstalling, my ctds were gone. 

If you want RAAS a new install may fix it.

Dan

Ok thanks, I don't use RAAS so won't miss it.

I got up during the night, mainly because I haven't flown for a few weeks and missed staring at the screens at 0330 😛 I can heard my mate is still coughing away and annoyingly adjusting his slide table randomly, so looks like everything is behaving itself. Of course it may be something that happens in a certain flight phase, but I'm going to call this a pass. 

• Upvote 1