Sign in to follow this  
Scotto123

RXP Support?

Is there any option for a pay support?  Perhaps with a pro license?  

I have had an ongoing problem with the Reality XP GTN750 saying "rebooting" and never rebooting.  I was hoping the software update would fix it.  Sadly, I cannot update.  Stuck on 2.6.1.0.  The new software will not install.

The one-time fee of $50 for this product and unlimited updates is insane.  It should cost way more.  There needs to be some incentive to continue developing and supporting existing users.  How long has the G500/600 been on the site?  Four years?  If there was financial incentive for the development, I'd bet it would be done by now.  

Perhaps before charging for support they should provide some.

i purchased for P3d the G530 yesterday and am unable to complete installation.

When attempting to contact support through their web site contact form you are instructed to contact them through their forum here.

?????

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Perhaps before charging for support they should provide some.

i purchased for P3d the G530 yesterday and am unable to complete installation.

When attempting to contact support through their web site contact form you are instructed to contact them through their forum here.

?????

The G530 is now working.

How/Why I am not sure. it still does not like my key.

I noticed that the aviation data base is from 2016. is there a newer one available? Thanks.

I have had Xplane 11 Realty XP GNS 430-530 and never had an issue, I am planning to install a GTN 750 in my plane, and thought I would also install on my sim, running two touch screens with Air Player on my primary panel computer, I have the program working for maybe fifteen minutes, and while using touch control, the GTN 750 window closes, I can go back into the plug in window and re click on show window and the GTN 750 window re appears.   with no support, and not getting any response on forums,  I am puzzled what to do, removed and re installed, same results.   Never had any problems with the GNS 530.   

I was able to explore the GTN 750 using my mouse and setting up and seeing how it flies approaches, everything worked beautiful, until I went to touch and make some changes to the flight plan and it just closed,  fortunately I would have support after paying thousands of dollars through Garmin, and I would be happy to pay more for support if they offered it. 

I will remove and re install one more time and if not will go  back to my GNS 530, and remove the GTN 750.   

Maybe some of you have experienced this problem, I looked through the forums and apparently no one seems to have this problem, the window is in the static aircraft, but when I pop it out and place it under the Air Player bezel and use my fingers for operation it closes, not crashes, but closes.  

I purchased the 750/650 version a few years ago and have never had a problem with it EXCEPT for the fact that in one of the screens that appears when it loads, all of the databases show as expired: on 20 May 2021 (navigation basemap and flite charts) and on 17 Jun 2021 (Obstacle hot line and safe taxi).

The software publisher has been non-responsive about anything for years, and after months of looking I have not found a single article online anywhere that says it can be updated and provides directions on how to do that. Any thoughts about whether it can be done, and if so, how?

I also get a popup every time I start my Windows 11 computer telling me that a new version of Reality XP GTN is available. I think it says I'm using 6.10 but 6.11 is available. Problem is, I've had 6.11 installed for a couple months and it works just fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any solution? I can't figure out how to stop the popup. 

Thanks.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, Scotto123 said:

Is there any option for a pay support?  Perhaps with a pro license?  

I have had an ongoing problem with the Reality XP GTN750 saying "rebooting" and never rebooting.  I was hoping the software update would fix it.  Sadly, I cannot update.  Stuck on 2.6.1.0.  The new software will not install.

The one-time fee of $50 for this product and unlimited updates is insane.  It should cost way more.  There needs to be some incentive to continue developing and supporting existing users.  How long has the G500/600 been on the site?  Four years?  If there was financial incentive for the development, I'd bet it would be done by now.  

I am having the exact same problem.

2.6.1.1 refuses to install though says it does.

GTN750 keeps saying ‘Rebooting’ and hangs XP. I have tried a number of different things. The black screen of death seems to random (sometimes I can get it to load, sometimes I can’t).

Putting on higher levels of debug logs I don’t see anything obvious in GTN logs (outside of the paths to the Garmin Trainer).

Is anyone available to figure out what the heck is going on?