Sign in to follow this  
jd559

Landing Gear not lowered on Landing

Hello All,

I am noticing that landing aircraft are not deploying their landing gear and in turn landing and disappearing into the runways. I am using "Just Flight Ultimate Traffic" Models. I know that simconnect plays into all of this, is there a way to look at simconnect logs to see if the landing gear are being engaged by PSXT?

Should note that using FSX  normal  AI no issues with landing gear.

Thanks

John

Edited by jd559

1 hour ago, jd559 said:

Hello All,

I am noticing that landing aircraft are not deploying their landing gear and in turn landing and disappearing into the runways. I am using "Just Flight Ultimate Traffic" Models. I know that simconnect plays into all of this, is there a way to look at simconnect logs to see if the landing gear are being engaged by PSXT?

Should note that using FSX  normal  AI no issues with landing gear.

Thanks

John

A little more discovery sometimes the landing gear deploys but all planes are disappearing into runways when they land. 

Edited by jd559

Sounds more like incorrect airport elevation data could be the issue. What airport/s?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

25 minutes ago, somiller said:

Sounds more like incorrect airport elevation data could be the issue. What airport/s?

So far both khpn and kisp stock airports. What's interesting is, I am seeing the behavior inconsistently. Sometimes they land other times the disappear into the runways.

Edited by jd559

I wonder if it could be a disagreement between MSFS and reported (RT) bara pressure.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

34 minutes ago, somiller said:

I wonder if it could be a disagreement between MSFS and reported (RT) bara pressure.

Thanks for the reply! I am using an external weather engine for fsx (  FSXWX )  I will check if there is a delta between the 2. 

Oops, I didn't realize we were discussing FSX. I doubt you'll find a difference because the weather engine should be injecting it's baro pressure into FSX. I thought this thread was about MSFS.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

@jd559 If possible, recommend to update to either to P3D or (better) to MSFS.

I do not have FSX (any more... for a long time). Hence I cannot test PSXT_FSX; it is very difficult for me to help you.. 

14 hours ago, kiek said:

@jd559 If possible, recommend to update to either to P3D or (better) to MSFS.

I do not have FSX (any more... for a long time). Hence I cannot test PSXT_FSX; it is very difficult for me to help you.. 

Nico Thank you for your response. I actually was on MSFS but their forced updates completely filled up my hard drive. I will consider moving back

Edited by jd559

15 hours ago, somiller said:

Oops, I didn't realize we were discussing FSX. I doubt you'll find a difference because the weather engine should be injecting it's baro pressure into FSX. I thought this thread was about MSFS.

No worries and I appreciate the help!

Edited by jd559

I  figured out the issue with the landing gear amd props not working. Seems as though when you pause the sim, all plane animations stop but given that PSXT is controlling the planes they still move around. 

I had no idea the sim was paused

Edited by jd559
  • Like 1