Sign in to follow this  
DV744

Payload manager not working

Hello.

I updated my P3D to v5.4 recently and the payload manager is not working properly anymore. Whenever I try to adjust passenger or luggage weight nothing happens. This issue applies to Learjet as well. Fuel loading works properly.

6 hours ago, DV744 said:

Hello.

I updated my P3D to v5.4 recently and the payload manager is not working properly anymore. Whenever I try to adjust passenger or luggage weight nothing happens. This issue applies to Learjet as well. Fuel loading works properly.

This problem has been identified as due to a simvar indexing bug in P3Dv5.4 and P3Dv6.0. Lockheed Martin fixed the bug in a recent update to P3Dv6, but unfortunately there has been no similar update for P3Dv5.4.  It is unlikely Lockheed Martin will update P3Dv5.4 now that P3Dv6 is out.

Al

4 hours ago, DV744 said:

Thank you for your replies. I will revert to 5.3 until there is a fix.

As I mentioned, I don't expect Lockheed Martin to provide any more updates to P3Dv5.4, so unfortunately the only options are to drop back to P3Dv5.3 or move up to P3Dv6.

Al

Edited by ark

+1

I also have P3Dv5.4 and have just purchased this aircraft today. I did not know about this problem as I do not have time to read all the forum before purchasing, as well as I could not foretell a specific issue in this airplane. I do not intend now to go back to 5.3 nor upgrade to P3Dv6.

Am I able to fly this aircraft with the default fuel payload and no passengers weight?

Otherwise, can I ask if Flysimware accepts to refund me?

Thanks!

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

15 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Am I able to fly this aircraft with the default fuel payload and no passengers weight?

First of all, if you activate the fuel truck on the Payload Manager, the fuel section of the Payload Manager works -- it is only the passenger and cargo section that does not work because of the P3D bug.

In addition, you don't need to use the Payload Manager at all. Just like with any other plane you can go to the Fuel and Payload drop down section under the P3d Vehicle menu and load fuel, passengers and luggage there. Did you try that?

Al

Edited by ark

Ark,

Thank you for replying with such good news, as by using this way, my Falcon is no more flying to the trash. Yesterday night I flew from Monterey to Eugene-OR and survived. I am now equipping her with Spad.Next commands to my Saitek rig and struggling with some mistery resources as the VS speed dial which I cannot find anywhere. Otherwise, she is a very nice aircraft. 

Regards,

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

5 hours ago, Heron said:

struggling with some mistery resources as the VS speed dial which I cannot find anywhere

Sorry -- I don't understand what this means.

Al

Ark,

I've been reading about the VS (Vertical Speed) dial but I did not find out how to choose the VS to climb/descend, but now I found a YouTube F50 pilot which demonstrates many aspects of flying this bird, including how to use the A/P VS.

No more problems.

Regards,

• Like 1

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg