Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Beta SWS PC12 stream now

https://www.twitch.tv/simworksstudios

For those interested by the upcoming PC12 who don't mind this sort of lengthy talkative disorganised or unstructured presentations, enjoy.

The sad part is that we are still in Beta at the end of October!

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Hmmm, offline now and no recorded video that I can see.

Can you summarize what they covered? I thought on their Discord they said they were pretty much just waiting on Pilatus review and touching up a few things before imminent release.

It was a good overview of the aircraft by a realworld PC12 pilot with 1000+ hours in the aircraft.   Startup procedures were demonstrated.   I think there was a hotstart followed by dry motoring to clear the engine, cool it down and then a good start.   Seemed accurate.  

They were not willing to give any sort of release date.   I thought there were enough little bugs with things like ground handling, some texture issues, and avionics issues that suggested its unlikely to be released before the end of the year.   He showed off the stick shaker in a stall demonstration.  Its stall characteristics seemed very mild.  He mentioned he will give SWS feedback that the stall should be more aggressive.  There was a blank model of an EFB in the left Pilot side pocket but it doesn't turn on yet.    

Won't release with failures though all the circuit breakers work so you could fake some of them.  

There was a lot to like about it.   I'm really encouraged that there are multiple PC12 pilots ensuring an accurate model of the plane and its engine parameters.   Lots of work on making sure the numbers are right.   Day 1 purchase for me whenever they complete it. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it may still be a bit before we see it but glad they are fixing bugs. The fewer at release the better; I don't feel that they are as good as some other devs at going back and fixing bugs after release.

It looked pretty good, I'm sure this will be a very solid add-on once it's finished. I'm a little bit frustrated with their communication though. This is their facebook post from 10 days ago: "Time for what we hope will be the last update on the PC-12 before the release date announcement! Work on the aircraft is complete and everything handles and works like we want it to.[...]" Reading that I was convinced release was imminent and it would very likely be part of the october/early november release extravaganza but quite a few little snags popped up during the stream and I certainly did not have the impression that "everything handles and works like we want it to". At one point the streamer (rw pilot and tester, not sure if he's also a dev) said: "Compared to one year ago we are very close"...Well, yeah...

Edited by OuterMarker
  • Like 1