Sign in to follow this  
london-simmer

InGame CheckList SimVar for TICK ITEM

I am looking for a SimVar or Sim event to bind a joystick button or a Midi button to trigger the "TICK ITEM" option in the InGame Checklists. Using the mouse to click this is bit cumbersome and tiring.

Found this in the SDK. But no idea how to call these from AAO. 

My guess is this is possible as we can use "'SHOW_TOOLTIP|0|hello·there|1000|500'·(>L:AAO_COHERENT_TRIGGER,·String)"

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Programming_Tools/JavaScript/Coherent_Listeners/JS_LISTENER_CHECKLIST.htm

Thanks.

Capture.png

Not sure, the SDK spec doesn't really say. It will be either Coherent Call or Trigger. Both can be actuated using the AAO InGame panel and the code that you posted above. But it is unclear to me which one it is.

On the other hand, it could just as well be a local thing, valid only on this panel. In that case one would have to hack the js code itself.

Only way to find out for sure is taking a look at the html/js source code of the checklist window.
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ingamepanels-checklist\html_ui\InGamePanels\Checklist\Checklist.js

In general:

Coherent.Trigger("EVENT",param1,param2);
translates to
'EVENT|param1|param2'·(>L:AAO_COHERENT_TRIGGER,·String)"

So maybe 
'CHECKLIST_MANUAL_CHECK_SELECTED_CHECKPOINT' ·(>L:AAO_COHERENT_TRIGGER,·String)
wiil do the trick?

The AAO inGame panel must be active and AAO must be run with the "As Administrator" option.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this and the suggestion. No, it didn't work.

Like you said, there is not much information available on these coherent.triggers.

I can only see two options:

1. Use a virtual mouse event to click on the button - this will work when the checklist window is always in the same spot and has the same size every time

2. Write a checklist "bridge" module in JS, that will trigger the onClick event for the desired button(s) (same as what I did with the G1000/G3000)

LORBY-SI

Item 2. works, I just built a prototype. But it feels incomplete, it doesn't seem to be "enough".

I think that the Checklist would need more actions that could be triggered from the outside. It needs a proper bridge module, that dynamically transmits all checklist items, makes them clickable, adds navigation - and provides all fixed buttons too. Unfortunately this also seems to depend on the assistance setting, which make the dialog look differently in different circumstances. So any attempt at making a bridge is probably futile?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Cool!

Is it possible for me to have access to the prototype? Then I can have a play with it. Sometime ago I sent you the proof of purchase of AAO. If you can't find it pls let me know I will resend it.

About the proper bridge module. I think you are talking about all singing all dancing full blown 🙂  CheckList Bridge which will have more functionality than my requirement. I guess all depends on the demand for such a AAO CheckList Bridge and the amount of time you can spend on creating and supporting it.

39 minutes ago, london-simmer said:

Cool!

Is it possible for me to have access to the prototype? Then I can have a play with it. Sometime ago I sent you the proof of purchase of AAO. If you can't find it pls let me know I will resend it.

About the proper bridge module. I think you are talking about all singing all dancing full blown 🙂  CheckList Bridge which will have more functionality than my requirement. I guess all depends on the demand for such a AAO CheckList Bridge and the amount of time you can spend on creating and supporting it.

The problem with singing and dancing is, that this only works when the Checklist window is open anyway. So it would be kind of pointless to build a Bridge module that would for example display the checklist items on a StreamDeck (like the G1000/G3000 modules do).

I will wrap up my test package later today and send it to you. Don't have access to my computer at the moment.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

OK, so here we go

This is the addon package

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vlgf96ynpvap8327b0hew/zzz-lorbysi-aao-checklist.zip?rlkey=19j2bungvcko9vfd9jcpm3m7q&dl=0

and this is what you can do with it:

'ChecklistManualCheck'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String)

'ChecklistManualUnCheck'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String)

'ChecklistForceFinishCopilot'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String)

'ChecklistToggleCopilot'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String)

'ChecklistStopCopilot'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String)

IMO what this needs is at least some kind of up/down/previous/next nagivation controls. Kind of like a remote for the checklist window, so you can use it without the mouse.

LORBY-SI

Thanks for reading my mind and implementing the other items in the checklist page as well 😀

I tested them and all is good. I am not hearing the 'expectation' part of the checklist step once the " 'ChecklistManualCheck'·(>L:AAO_CHCEKLIST_CLICK_BUTTON,·String) " is sent. I am guessing this is due to the fact we are bypassing the checklist engine for sending the "Tick Item" command. This is not a bid deal and I can live with it.

I am expecting others to use this functionality as well.

Again, a big thank you Lorby!